In this unit, you will explore the implications of an increasingly diverse student population for higher education policy and practice.
Before the unit you will be asked to:
Write 250 words about your understanding of inclusive learning within your own context.
During the unit you will:
- Attend a series of workshops
- Explore current debates about student diversity
- Consider theoretical models of diversity and social justice in higher education, and reflect on your own position and assumptions about diversity and inclusivity
- Complete 3 blogging tasks responding to articles or websites and reflect on your blog experience
- Produce an artefact that promotes inclusivity in learning and teaching along with a reflective account which links inclusive learning theory to practice (1,500 words).
For more information download the Inclusive Teaching and Learning in HE Unit Descriptor (PDF 130KB).