In this unit you will examine how arts-based curricula align to sector and institutional frameworks. You will explore how to design and develop curricula that respond to a diverse student cohort and a range of priorities including research-industry teaching links, internationalisation, digitally-enhanced learning and student engagement.
During the unit you will:
- Attend a series of workshops
- Develop your capacity to critically appraise a curriculum as well as design and lead the implementation of curriculum innovation in practice
- Work alongside peers to support curriculum development planning or practice
- Produce an annotated curriculum specification for a proposed whole curriculum or part-curriculum modification (2,000 words)
- Produce a curriculum development plan or documentation of a curriculum planning meeting (2,000 words).
For more information, download the Curriculum Design Unit Descriptor (PDF 118KB).