LCF Careers hosted two industry experts to give students an insight into how to succeed at public speaking.
Kelly Walker-Duncalf, Director at KWD Solutions and former Head of Concession Recruitment at Harrods, was joined by Tim Awan, owner of luxury jewellery house, MAWI.
Each polished presenter gave their top tips on how to pitch and present to the audience, giving them some of the skills they would need to start their own enterprises or enter the fashion industry with confidence.
Check out Kelly and Tim’s top tips…
- Practice your presentations again and again until the delivery sounds natural.
- You should be passionate about your subject.
- Believe your message, say it from your heart.
- Public speaking is not a talent, it’s a skill.
- If you don’t engage with your audience in the first few minutes you’ll lose them.
- When you’re pitching to an employer for a job it has to be from the point of view what can you do for the company.
- If a cover letter sounds like a standard pitch i’m not interested. It has to speak to me.
- Your pitch has to be relevant for the job.
- The employer needs to know what you can do for them to make their lives easier.
- Employers are only human, you have to contect with them. They are looking for someone who can fit into the team not just do the job.
The post Top public speaking tips for fashion careers from industry experts appeared first on LCF News.