Remember being a fresher?! i-D certainly does and they want to celebrate it. As part of their fresher fantastic project, LCF’s freshest freshers were invited to join various other university first years to be shot by photographer Piczo and interviewed by i-D’s Fashion Assistant, Bojana Kozarevic.
Six LCF students were featured:
- Chidera Eggerue, BA (Hons) Fashion Design and Development
- Christian Cowan-Sanluis, BA (Hons) Fashion Design Technology: Womenswear
- Fotini Chandra, BA (Hons) Fashion Design Technology: Womenswear
- Jin Kim, BA (Hons) Fashion Textiles
- Jimin Lee, BA (Hons) Fashion Design Technology: Menswear
- Torishèju Dumi, BA (Hons) Fashion Design and Development (not featured in image)
The students decided to style themselves in a monochromatic theme for the shoot (see image above) as i-D homed in on their dreams, aspirations and ambitions for the future as they launch their journeys in fashion at LCF.
They were asked what they liked most about their course.
The freedom! Being able to design and construct anything we want, there are no limitations. Apart from the sky being our limit, it’s very exciting.
i-D also wanted to know what the students thought the best thing about London and its fashion scene was.
How open minded London is, you can really go off and do your own thing, and if you work hard at it and consider the design people appreciate your work. Also everyone is up for projects, lately I’ve been working on a set of commissions for Rankin, which has been really fun.
We’re looking forward to seeing what the future holds for these students – Torijeshu was right, the sky’s the limit.
- Read the feature and see the full shoot on i-D’s website
- Read about Christian Cowan-Sanluis’ designs being worn by Lady Gaga