The University is keen to identify all academic staff who qualify as Early Career Researchers (ECRs) to target these staff for support. The University’s Research Concordat Steering Group has adopted the following definition of an Early Career Researcher, which is as follows:
* You must be within 8 years of the award of your PhD (this time period may exclude any period of career break e.g. maternity leave, family care or health reasons).
* You must be within six years of your first academic appointment (i.e. a substantive appointment, not as an Hourly Paid Lecturer)
* You must also have a current permanent contract of 0.2 Full Time Equivalent or more
If you meet the above criteria, we would be grateful if you would visit UAL i-Trent HR Employee Self Service – ESS https://ce0003li.webitrent.com/ce0003li_selfservice/wrd/run/etadm001gf.open_ss and complete your own personal short questionnaire (look for the Personal Details and HESA or ECR tabs). This ESS link is also accessible via ‘quick links’ on ‘My Arts.’ You will need to re-enter your normal UAL user name and password to gain entry. Completion of the questionnaire does not lead automatically to registration as an ECR. Formal registration as an ECR is determined by Research Management and Administration (RMA). In order not to delay the process please ensure that you complete all the questionnaire accurately.
If you meet these criteria, please complete this questionnaire before Wednesday 30 April 2014.
If you have already been accepted on i-Trent as an Early Career Researcher, you will not need to complete the form again.
The benefits of you participating include:
* The enhancement of your academic career
* Tailored training opportunities to develop your career
* Mentoring opportunities
If you have any queries about this, please contact either John Hallam, Deputy Director of HR on 0207 514 6083 or Simon Willmoth, Director of Research Management and Administration on 0207 514 8131”