Students who have completed previous study at the University may be eligible for a £1,000 discount on tuition fees when starting a taught Masters course in the 2016/17 or 2017/18 academic years.
- Start a taught Masters course at the University in the 2016/17 or 2017/18 academic years. This includes MA courses at Drama Centre London and the Executive MBA at London College of Fashion.
- Have either Home/EU or International fee status.
- Have succesfully completed an undergraduate (BA, BSc, Foundation Degree, Graduate Diploma and Graduate Certificate), Postgraduate Diploma or Postgraduate Certificate course at UAL. You may need to provide evidence of this if the course took place before the period covered by the University’s student records system (i.e. before 1996).
There are some circumstances in which a student is not eligible to receive the discount, including students:
- Starting a four-year Integrated Masters course
- Starting an MPhil or PhD qualification
- Starting the CLTAD MA Academic Practice
- Who have already acheived a Masters level qualification
- Who will be receiving a Vice-Chancellor’s Scholarship.
Deferring your place
The availability of the discount and its eligibility criteria are reviewed each year and has not yet been decided for 2018-19. As such it cannot be guaranteed that it will be available if you defer your place to start in 2018/19 rather than 2016/17 or 2017/18.
- Where tuition fees are being paid under the postgraduate instalment payment arrangement, the instalments will be based on the course fee after the discount has been deducted.
- The £1,000 value of the discount applies to the full course; not to each year of study. Students on two-year Masters courses would receive a £500 discount on each year’s fee.
- You do not need to apply for the discount but should contact the admissions department at the relevant College to confirm the discounted fee for your course.
- Information on funding postgraduate study can be found on the Postgraduate Funding pages.