Support for Disabled & Dyslexic Students
Library Services provides a range of services and facilities for disabled and dyslexic students and each library has a local contact who can provide further information.
Information for disabled and dyslexic students
Library Services offers a range of services to help all students get the best from the library collections:
- You can renew items up to 10 times unless they are reserved by someone else.
- You can reserve items from any UAL library and pick them up at the library that is most convenient for you.
- You can return items to any UAL library.
- You can book one-to-one sessions with a librarian, if you need help finding material or using databases.
- If you are able to claim back printing and photocopying costs, we can supply receipts.
We can also offer additional services to disabled and dyslexic students. Talk to your disability adviser, who can add these services to your Individual Support Agreement (ISA).
- When you borrow items that are usually issued for one week or three weeks, you can have double the normal loan period. (This does not apply to renewals or to reserved items or to items issued over the Colleges' holiday period.)
- You can have a one-to-one induction to your college library and an introduction to useful resources.
- One of the librarians can act as a key contact for your library queries.
- We can collect items for you from the shelves. Please give us half a day's notice, so that we can make sure the material is ready for you, or a named helper, to collect.
- If you are unable to come to the University, we can post library material to you and you can arrange to return items by post.
- If you require library material in an alternative format, we can contact publishers on your behalf.
Access arrangements for each library are given on our DisabledGo pages:
Assistive software is available:
- TextHelp Read & Write Gold provides screen reading and word prediction. We have produced an online guide to help you use Read & Write software on PCs
- Inspiration enables you to create mind maps
Each library also has the following equipment and supplies:
- Induction loop
- Height-adjustable desk
- A3 scanner
- Cream paper for the photocopiers
Please contact local library staff for further help and advice or if you would like this information in a different format:
Camberwell College of Arts: Emma Allison
Email: email@example.com Tel: 020 7514 6429
Central Saint Martins: Lucy Ashdown
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 020 7514 8123
Chelsea College of Arts: Cassy Sachar
Email: email@example.com Tel: 020 7514 7840
London College of Communication: Monica Sajeva
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 020 7514 6722
London College of Fashion: Zoe Thomas
Email: email@example.com Tel: 020 7514 7697
Wimbledon College of Arts: Alice Bloom
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 020 7514 9695
We have been accredited with Customer Service Excellence.