Academic Support in Colleges
Academic Support is offered in all Colleges. A team of college-based experienced tutors offers support to students in a variety of ways - before arrival, within courses and across programmes, leading workshops, one-to-one tutorials and other activities.
We aim to develop the skills that underpin success in your course and future and develop your independent and collaborative learning abilities. Sessions are designed to work in relation to your course, so that support is relevant to your subject and level of study, and is offered early enough to help you in advance of assessments.
Sessions to develop your skills and confidence are offered in areas such as:
- understanding expectations of study and university
- time, workload and project management
- research and enquiry
- reading and analysis
- critical thinking and debate
- reflective and evaluative writing
- planning and structuring written work
- referencing and bibliography
- speaking about your work and making presentations
- working independently and collaboratively
- preparing for transition between levels of study
You may decide you would like to improve a general understanding or ability, or focus on an area to improve your grades. You may just want to explore, to find out more, or you may be advised by course tutors to take up a particular kind of support. Whatever your needs or interests, take advantage of Academic Support!
To find out what's on in your College, and direct contact details for your Academic Support team, visit Academic Support Online
Or see 'Academic Support at your College' on Moodle, or your course’s Moodle site.