English Plus Marketing and Communication
An introduction to marketing, advertising and public relations in the UK.
Hours per week:
- 15 hours of General English at the Language Centre
- 15 hours of marketing and communication at Chelsea College of Arts.
Level of English required: Intermediate or above.
This course will give you an introduction to the UK's approach to marketing, advertising and public relations through an accessible series of talks, fun group discussions and exciting guided visits to places of interest.
This course will include:
- Essential marketing and communication principles and how they are employed within a business environment
- The history of advertising practice in the UK
- The UK advertising industry today: agencies, organisations and clients
- How to create a print advertisement and storyboard
- A visit to a central London advertising or marketing agency
- An introduction to public relations practice and the media in the UK
- How to write a press release.
What is included?
- 15 hours of General English tuition per week, Monday to Friday
- 15 hours of marketing and communication classes per week, Monday to Friday
- Regular tutorials and reviews
- Free Wi-Fi access across all UAL sites
- Independent study facilities
- Certificate of attendance from the Language Centre and Chelsea College of Arts.
How many students in a class?
For English language classes, the average number of students in a class is 10 students and the maximum is 14.
For marketing and communication, the average is 14 the maximum is 16.
What is the minimum age?
Do I need to have experience in the subject I want to study?
No, this course is designed as an introduction to marketing and communication.
Level of English required?
Intermediate or above.
For more information on English levels, see the Your Language Level page.
Dates and Fees
|3 July 2017||2 weeks||£1,380|
|31 July 2017||2 weeks||£1,380|