Tuition Fee Receipts for Visas

International students from outside the European Economic Area need to provide evidence that they have paid, or will be able to pay, their tuition fees when they apply for a visa to study in the UK. The UK government will not issue your visa until you provide this evidence.

Proof of payment of tuition fees

The Home Office will accept either of the following documents as evidence that you have sufficient funds in your bank account to pay your tuition fees:

  • A receipt from University of the Arts London (UAL) to show that you have paid your full tuition fee;
  • Approved financial documents that show you have sufficient funds in your bank account to pay your fee.

The Home Office does not accept electronic receipts or bank transfer documents and will refuse visa applications that include these.

What if you pay your fees online or by bank tranfer?

If you pay your fees online, you will receive an electronic receipt - we do not provide paper receipts for use with visa applications. If you pay by bank transfer, you will receive a bank transfer document from your bank.

Therefore, if you pay your fees online or by bank transfer you must email the electronic receipt or bank transfer document to the UAL International Office that is handling your application. The Office will then update your Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) to show the amount that you have paid. You should also put a tick (√) in the box on your visa application form that says the payment is “Shown in the CAS”. 

We cannot update your CAS once your visa application is in progress. Therefore, you must pay your fees either before you apply for your visa or after you receive your visa if you pay online or by bank transfer.