How To Pay Your Tuition Fees
Pay your tuition fees
Find out more about payment methods, sponsorship by your employer or other organisation, refunds and our payment terms.
We accept Visa/Delta, MasterCard, Maestro and Electron. If you wish to pay by this method, please make sure that your credit limit is high enough and that your bank/card provider is aware that a large transaction is about to take place.
You can pay by credit card via our secure online payment facility:
- Pay £2000 international deposit only
- Set up instalment plan (Postgraduate and Graduate Diploma students only)
- Pay ALL other fees
Payments are made to University of the Arts London, not individual colleges. All payments are in Great British pounds (GBP). Please see our terms and conditions.
You (or the person paying for you) will need your Student ID (as shown on all correspondence from us) and your date of birth.
It is important to make a note of the authorisation number, date and amount paid and/or print the receipt or the e-mail that you receive confirming the payment. This information is required for enrolment and it will help to avoid delays if either the email acknowledgement or receipt is sent to your college office in advance of enrolment.
Please note that it can take up to five working days before the transaction appears on your University account, therefore if you are paying within five days of your enrolment session, please do not post/email the acknowledgement or receipt but instead bring this with you to enrolment.
Paying in instalments
For all postgraduate courses (including graduate diplomas) that last longer than 30 weeks you can choose to pay your tuition fees in instalments. For more information visit our pay fees by instalment page.
University of the Arts London has partnered with Flywire to streamline the payment process. Flywire allows you to pay securely from any country and any bank. This is the preferred method for both international and sterling payments. Flywire offers multiple payment options, excellent foreign exchange rates, and ensure that your payment arrives safely and accurately.
Flywire allows you to:
1. Pay in over 70 currencies
2. Track your payment from start to finish
3. Pay by credit or debit card, bank transfer or e-wallet solutions
4. Pay from any country and any bank
5. Save on bank fees and exchange rates
6. Benefit from a 24/7 dedicated multilingual customer support
Other Bank Transfer Options
Some banks charge a fee to make a bank transfer payment (usually around £12). You must instruct your bank that all charges (including those of the beneficiary’s bank) are to be paid by the sender. Any difference between the tuition fee and the amount received will have to be settled by you on or before enrolment. Please retain your copy of the bank transfer document as it may be necessary for you to prove to the University that you have made the correct payment.
It is ESSENTIAL that you quote your Student ID Number in the transfer details.
You can make a direct payment to the University if you use internet banking. The University's bank details are shown below; if paying by this method it is essential that the Student ID is provided as a reference or your payment will not be recorded even if the funds are transferred.
University of the Arts London
50 41 06
Bank and Branch address:
National Westminster Bank plc
Piccadilly & New Bond Street
63 – 65 Piccadilly
London W1J 0AJ
Unfortunately we are unable to accept cash payments.
You may pay by MasterCard, Visa, Visa Debit Maestro and Electron at the enrolment session providing you have a chip and pin enabled card. Please note that Diners Club, Solo and American Express cards are not accepted.
Please note that, for security reasons, the University is not able to take credit card payments over the phone.
Cheque or banker's draft
Unfortunately we are unable to accept banker’s draft or cheques in foreign currency (including travellers' cheques).
For all tuition fees payment enquiries:
Camberwell College of Arts, Chelsea College of Arts and Wimbledon College of Arts – Email: email@example.com
London College of Communication– Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Central Saint Martins – Email: email@example.com
London College of Fashion – Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For all online payment enquiries:
University of the Arts London
272 High Holborn
London WC1V 7EY
Tel: 0044 (0) 20 7514 8065
Fax: 0044 (0) 20 7514 6198
If your employer or other organisation agrees to pay all or part of your tuition fees, the University will invoice them for the appropriate amount. (Please note that parents, family and friends are excluded from this category. If they assist with your fees, you are classified as self-financing and must pay the fees accordingly).
Please ensure that your employer or other organisation provides the University with the following information, either by an official letter on company headed paper and signed by an authorised person, or an official signed purchase order:
- The student’s (your) full name (and University ID number if known).
- The amount of tuition fees they will pay and the academic year.
- The name of a responsible individual, organisation and address to whom the invoice should be sent.
- A reference (or purchase order number) to be quoted (if applicable).
Please bring the letter or purchase order to enrolment.
Please note that:
- The University reserves the right to not accept a sponsor.
- The University reserves the right to not accept a sponsor’s letter or purchase order if the necessary information is not complete.
- A new letter or purchase order is required for each academic year of study.
- Invoices will be raised within 21 days of enrolment.
- Full payment is due within 30 days of receipt of invoice.
- If your sponsor fails to pay, or withdraws their support at any point in the year, you are still responsible for any outstanding fees and the University will hold you liable for this amount.
If you are entitled to a refund, you may submit a refund request form which can be obtained from your college or international office.
- All refunds will be made to the individual or organisation that originally paid the fees. If a third party has paid the deposit on behalf of the student the refund is made to the third party.
- Refunds can only be made to the account which the original payment was made from.
- If you are entitled, refunds will be processed within 21 days of receiving a correctly completed refund request form.
- All refunds will be made in £ sterling. Any bank charges or currency conversion costs incurred in making a refund shall be borne by the student or the third party receiving the payment.
It is important that you pay your fees on time. If all or a proportion of your fees or charges remain unpaid after the due date relevant to your chosen method of payment, charges and/or sanctions may be imposed by the University which could affect your studies. Sanctions include:
- Suspension: if you are suspended you will no longer be able to attend classes, submit work for assessment, or use any of the university’s facilities. Lengthy suspension may harm your ability to successfully complete your course.
- Graduation: if you have a tuition fee debt with the University you may not be permitted to attend the graduation ceremony.
- Certificate and academic transcripts: the University will not issue copies of certificates or academic transcripts if there is an outstanding tuition fee debt with the University.
The University operates a credit control and debt recovery programme in respect of all fees and charges owing to the University. This includes:
- Searches to identify your permanent address.
- Referrals to debt collection agencies.
- Legal Proceedings which could result on County Court Judgements.
All of these can seriously affect your credit rating.
If you experience difficulty with paying University fees, you should immediately contact the Student Advice Service.