National Student Survey (NSS)
The National Student Survey (NSS) is an independent annual survey of all final year undergraduates in the UK and is your opportunity to tell us about your overall experience at UAL.
Why should I take part?
- By completing the survey you can inspire change – your feedback will help us to improve UAL, making the student experience even better.
- Your responses will feed into data published on university and course comparison website Unistats, helping prospective students make the right decisions about their future. Note – there is no link between the NSS and increasing fees.
- You will receive £10 worth of print credits as a thank you for your time.
To claim your print credits, send your survey completion email to: email@example.com, including your student ID number.
How do I take part?
You will be contacted via email and telephone by survey distributor Ipsos MORI. Alternatively, you can participate by visiting thestudentsurvey.com. It should take no longer than 10 minutes to complete and your feedback is anonymous.
You will then be asked to answer 27 questions which are grouped into these areas:
- The teaching on my course
- Organisation and management
- Learning opportunities
- Learning resources
- Assessment and feedback
- Learning community
- Academic support
- Student voice
- Any additional comments
Remember to consider the total experience, environment and your course outside of core teaching – for example: libraries, technicians, guest lecturers, visiting practitioners and external trips.