Careers and Employability is offering awards for UAL students to attend or exhibit at trade shows, exhibitions, festivals or other industry facing events. Trade shows, exhibitions, fairs and festivals are the perfect place to promote and sell your work.
Showcasing Awards help cover travel and attendance or exhibition costs and are aimed at students who have a product, creative work or service they want to showcase at an industry-facing event.
The University acknowledges that attending and exhibiting at trade shows, exhibitions or festivals can be expensive and some students are not in a position where they are able to take up this opportunity. For this reason, the Showcasing Awards have been set up specifically for students in receipt of the maintenance grant. The Awards are only open to undergraduates.
You can apply for one of three awards:
Exhibition Research Awards of up to £300 to pay the cost of visiting a national or international trade show, exhibition or festival for market research.
Exhibition Awards of up to £1000 to support the costs of exhibiting or showcasing work at a national or international exhibition, trade show or festival.
Group Awards offers up to £2,000 for a group to exhibit at an exhibition or industry showcase exhibition, for two or more exhibitors sharing the same stand or space (must be current UAL students and two or more from the group must meet the eligibility criteria outlined below).
Eligibility for the Showcasing Award
The Showcasing Award is only open to students who are:
- Studying at UAL in the 2015/16 academic year
- Considered Home for fee purposes
- In receipt of a maintenance grant from Student Finance England due to their household income
Terms of the Showcasing Award
- Your travel must be scheduled to take place before 31 August 2016
- The award cannot be used for everyday travel (e.g. Oyster travel cards).
- You are responsible for making all travel arrangements.
- You must supply evidence of costs associated with trips Upon your return, you will need to compile a blog about your experience and evidence of your attendance.
Applications for the Showcasing award are now closed but please check back in 2017 for further details of when applications will re-open.
Any queries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with Showcasing Awards in the subject title.