About Careers & Employability
Careers and Employability is the University's dedicated careers and enterprise service. We are here to support students and graduates embark on their professional futures in the creative industries.
Careers and Employability is part of the Teaching and Learning Exchange, which brings together a range of services that support learning and teaching in UAL.
We help UAL students and graduates find jobs, set up a businesses, and sell their work. We run events throughout the Colleges on all aspects of the career journey. We also nurture creative practice and enterprise through funding, mentoring and resources.
Our aim is to help students and graduates gain the skills they need to succeed and innovate in the creative and cultural sectors.
Our services include:
- ArtsTemps - UAL's in-house temp agency, recruiting students and recent graduates for jobs on campus.
- Creative Opportunities - the University's popular jobs board and recruitment service. This service advertises exciting opportunities from across the creative sector to UAL students and graduates.
- Internships - UAL’s graduates can apply to selected companies who are offering paid work experience in the creative industries.
- Events and workshops - We run over 150 free events and training sessions a year, as well as two major annual programmes - Enterprise Week and Artsmart.
- Showcasing opportunities - we offer our graduates and students a number of opportunities to exhibit and sell their work.
- Mentoring - providing UAL's students and graduates with the opportunity to be mentored by experienced creative professionals.
- Advice - Careers and Employability offers online advice, guidance and useful links about all aspects of getting a job or setting up a new business.
- Awards and funding - Careers and Employability provides a range of funding opportunities and awards that recognise and support UAL's budding entrepreneurs.
- Own-it - our centre for Intellectual Property advice and education.
- Artquest - Careers and Employability's dedicated service helping visual artists connect with resource, opportunities and networks.
Careers and Employability has produced a series of publications that go into more depth about our activities, previously under the name Student Enterprises and Employability (SEE). They explore how we support the student experience at the University.
This Way: SEE Performance Report 2013/14
In our first Performance Report, we highlight our key achievements for the 2013/14 academic year.
WE ARE SEE: Who we are/What we do/Our future plans
A guide to SEE and its core activities.
STORIES BEHIND THE STATS: UAL Graduate Destinations
A guide to understanding what graduates do after they graduate from UAL.
WORK OF ART: Understanding Enterprise & Employability in Art & Design Higher Education
A publication created to support learning and teaching in enterprise and employability in art and design higher education.
- WORK OF ART - Understanding Enterprise & Employability in Art & Design Higher Education (PDF 7,621KB)
Hard copies of the publications are available by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
National Undergraduate Employability Awards 2015
Careers and Employability won the award for Best University Careers/Employability Service at the 2015 National Undergraduate Employability Awards.
The Guardian University Awards
Careers and Employability received a runner-up award in the 'Employability Initiative' category of the 2014 Guardian University Awards for our Fair Internships Campaign.