2016 - AER Programme
Successful Applicants Announced
The Art for the Environment International Artist Residency Programme (AER) was launched in 2015 by Professor Lucy Orta, UAL Chair of Art and the Environment. AER provides UAL graduates with the exceptional opportunity to apply for a 2 - 4 week residency at one of our internationally renowned host institutions, to explore concerns that define the 21st century - biodiversity, environmental sustainability, social economy, and human rights. Through research, studio practice, critiques and mentoring the AER programme is designed to envision a world of tomorrow; to imagine and create work that challenges how we interact with the environment and each other.
We are delighted to announce the following successful candidates for the AER 2016 Programme as follows:
- CFCCA, Manchester, UK - Chloe Ting, MA Culture, Criticsm and Curation, Central Saint Martins
- Fondazione Zegna, Italy -Matteo Valerio, MA Fine Art, Central Saint Martins
- Joya arte: + ecología, Almeria in Spain - Matt Parker, PhD Student in Sonic Arts – CRiSAP, LCC
- Joya arte: + ecología, Almeria in Spain - Nana Maiolini, MRes Moving Image, Central Saint Martins
- Yorkshire Sculpture Park, UK - Pat Naldi, PhD Student, Central Saint Martins
NOTE: The Mildred's Lane Beach Lake residency was cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances.
Please read the successful residents' plans for their residencies on the UAL Postgraduate Community Blog Site
All of the successful residents will be submitting full reports at the end of their residencies. The residency reports will be uploaded on the UAL Postgraduate Community Blog Site