Well-being Research Hub
Hub Coordinator: Dr Carolyn Mair, Reader in Psychology
Psychologists are concerned with improving quality of life, working towards ‘better lives’, which is also the mission of LCF. The Well-being Research Hub will facilitate a deeper understanding of human behaviour in the fashion and creative industries and the potential for improving quality of life through understanding psychological well-being.
Aims of the Hub
To facilitate a deeper understanding of human behaviour in the fashion and creative industries and the potential for improving quality of life through understanding psychological well-being
The Hub is based at London College of Fashion and intended for staff, early career researchers, research and postgraduate students to learn about and become involved with the projects generated through the LENS and to share ideas and develop collaborative opportunities.
Recent activities and outputs
- Mental Health Issues in the Fashion and Creative Industries, 10 October 2016
- The fight against body dissatisfaction: A critique to action, 20 April 2016
- Fashion in contemporary Indonesia: women & body image, 2 March 2016
- Fashion and Emotional Sustainability, Caryn Franklin MBE, 1 March 2016
- Mental Imagery and Psychological Well-Being, 17 June 2015
- Will Allsop in conversation, 20 May 2015
- Well-being Research Hub Presents: Positive Organisations, 25 March 2015
- Better Lives Panel Discussion: Positive Psychology in Fashion, 23 February 2015
- Claire Heirons - Promoting Sustainability in Industry, 25 October 2015
More than 40 people attended this event which discussed the issues around sustainability in industry and the need to promote the mutual benefits of incorporating sustainable practices in industry. Claire stayed after the talk to answer questions from the audience for more than an hour. Following the event, one attendee wrote:
I just wanted to say that I attended the Claire Heirons' talk a few weeks ago and I really enjoyed it. I thought she was an excellent speaker, and I found the content of the evening very interesting. It was great to have the Q&A session at the end, to discuss ways her knowledge and experience could help us spark ideas for changing the fashion industry, little by little. Overall I thought it was a great session. Thank you.