Art/ Design and Science Research Group
This group explores the creative interface of art/design and science through research practice and interrogates the processes and systems of knowledge that underpin them.
A central interest is the cross-fertilisation of creative and scientific ideas and their impact in the public domain. The group also considers what the interrelationships between laboratory and studio practice might be, particularly in terms of new approaches to making.
Research group convenor: Heather Barnett
- Professor Rob Kesseler
- Nathan Cohen
- Naomi Dines
- Mark Dunhill
- Emeritus Professor Vladimir Mirodan
- Dr Joey O’Gorman
- Tamsin van Essen
- Sara Buoso
Recent activities & outputs
- Inspired by Nature-Biosensor Research And Bridging The Gap To Application At The Institute of Biotechnology.
- Artakt curates and manages pioneering exhibitions and research led projectst
- Blip is a company leading edge of computer-controlled display projects
- Carnegie Mellon University website - From petals to pixels The art & science of messing around with plants
- CSM News - Fear and Art in the Contemporary World Caterina Albano
- Ashmolean Director’s Lecture Series Dr Caterina Albano: Fear and Art in the Contemporary World
- CSM News - Curating Time at Wellcome Collection