UAL King's PhD Studentship
University of the Arts London (UAL) and King’s College London (King’s) welcome applications for the third in a series of studentships to undertake cross-disciplinary research on design thinking and public policy making.
This is a collaboration between the Innovation Insights Hub at UAL and The Policy Institute at King’s. It presents a unique context to explore and assess the emergence of, potential for and consequences of using design within public policy making, combining expertise from design research and the social and political sciences.
This studentship covers tuition fees and annual maintenance equivalent to £16,558 (2017/18 rate) and will last for 3 years full-time.
Who should apply
UAL and King’s particularly welcome candidates with backgrounds in the following areas:
- communication design, interaction design, industrial design, service design, sustainable design;
- political science, political theory; political economy;
- social psychology, digital sociology, visual sociology and material anthropology;
- innovation studies, futures studies and agile computing.
Please note that applications for this studentship should be made to Central Saint Martins (CSM).
How to apply
- Read this carefully to learn more about the opportunity:
UAL and King's PhD Studentship Partnership Information Sheet (Word 49KB)
- Submit your application online
- Applications must be received by 09:00 on Monday 30 April 2018. We are unable to accept late applications (the deadline of 16 April 2018 shown on our applications page does not apply to the UAL/King’s Studentship, where the deadline is 30 April 2018).
- Interviews will be taking place during May 2018, and you will be notified of the progress of your application.
- Find out more about applying for a research degree at UAL and have a look at our Research Degree Application Guidance Notes 2017/18 (Word 58KB)(April Deadline)