Research Excellence Framework
- Guide to REF 2014: PowerPoint presentation by HEFCE
- Follow this link to read HEFCE’s REF publications
- For further information, please refer to UAL's REF FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions) [pdf]
- UAL REF Code of Practice University of the Arts London REF Code of Practice Document
- UAL-REF 2014 Code of Practice Appendices University of the Arts London REF Code of Practice Appendices
- REF 2014 Outputs Factual Information Form
Research Excellence Framework 2014 preparation at UAL
The final criteria and working methods for the Research Excellence Framework (REF) were published by HEFCE on Monday 30 January 2012, so the University can now develop its REF submission.
College REF Working Groups have been set up and are chaired by the individual College Associate Deans of Research. Membership of these committees is included in the UAL REF Code of Practice appendices. The Working Groups will propose for inclusion or conditional inclusion research that meets the HEFCE REF criteria. The final submission will be approved by the University’s Academic Board.
The University aims to submit all eligible staff who are conducting excellent research, including those whose ability to produce four outputs (pro rata for fractional staff) or work productively throughout the assessment period has been constrained by personal circumstances.
The selection of staff for submission will be transparent, consistent, accountable and inclusive. To guide the process a Code of Practice has now been approved and can be downloaded via the link above.
All active researchers will be invited to formally identify their key outputs and declare, in confidence, any individual circumstances which have limited their ability to deliver the required minimum number of outputs.
The University must make its submission to REF2014 in late November 2013.