Embedding a Video from Youtube
- From the menu on the right hand side of your Blackboard course select the control panel button.
- Then select the content area where you want to make your video available.
- select the add item icon.
- In your web browser either create a new tab or open a new window and type www.youtube.com into the
- When you get to you tube search for the video you want.
- Then click on the blue link to take you to the video you want.
- Below the video there will be a button labelled ‘Embed’. Click this to obtain the embed code that you will need.
- A screen will appear with the embed code. Ensure that you select ‘Use old embed code’ otherwise the video will not work on Blackboard. Select the code and then choose Edit > Copy to copy the code.
- Return to the window or tab for Blackboard.
- Select the html button > < above the text box then select Edit > Paste to paste the code into the text box.
- Give your video a title and click submit.
- Your video is now available to be played.
You can change the order in which it appears in your contents using the drop down menu above the item. If you wish to remove it you will find a remove button next to the item.