Adaptive Release of Content provides controls to release content to users based on a set of rules provided by the Instructor. The rules may be related to availability, date and time, individual users and user groups (such as course Groups), scores or attempts on any Gradebook item, or review status of another item in the course.
This feature may be used by all Instructors and course developers. Some Instructors and course developers may choose to take advantage of advanced rule functionality to create sophisticated combinations of release rules on items. Others may utilize the basic rule functionality to release content to specific users or groups and/or to allow users to view content based on their performance on an assignment.
Basic Rule Functionality
This tutorial will show you how to set a rule so only select users can view a certain folder.
- Select the Control Panel.
- Select the Content Area.
- Select the Manage button next to the Folder that you would like to set up with the Adaptive Release
- Select the Adaptive Release link from the list
- You can select a date if you would like the item to be accessed within a time period
- You then need to select either Individual users or select certain Groups to have access to the folder
- Ignore items 3 and 4 and select Submit
This functionality can be used on any item within a Content Area.