The Learning Zones are dynamic, flexible and innovative spaces that support curriculum activities across the six colleges and cultivate a strong sense of student engagement. The emphasis is on social learning and activity-based work within an ambience that facilitates collaboration and creation.
The spaces are student-focused facilities that are welcoming and informal in character, with few rules in place, in order to encourage a culture of student ownership. The Learning Zones provide UAL students access to both professional and peer support for on-the-spot advice and guidance. In addition, the Learning Zones host a range of academic support activities, such as digital and information skills sessions.
The Learning Zones are also characterised by:
- Flexible furniture that can be configured to suit user needs.
- Modern/state of the art technology alongside traditional facilities and resources.
- Combination of fixed workstations (for both PCs and Macs) and wi-fi access for mobile devices.
- Lending services for laptops and other accessories for use within the space.
- Preparation facilities for cut/paste portfolio/sketchbook activities.
- Self-regulating/bookable group study spaces.
Please visit the library services locations and opening times pages.
For more information