Life in London
London is the greatest city on earth (we might be biased)- it is a thriving metropolis, a creative hub, a financial powerhouse and, for a few months, it could be your home.
Studying with us is an opportunity to live in a world-class city on the doorstep of Europe. Wonderful as it is, moving to a new city can be daunting and we’ve got plenty of services to make sure you have a safe place to live, know how to navigate the city and can take full advantage of living in one of the worlds cultural hubs.
The UAL Study Abroad website covers the nuts and bolts of living in London, but here are some of our favourite tips:
- The University of the Arts London Student Union (SUARTS), which you automatically belong to, has dozens of societies and clubs to join.
- London has over 12,000 restaurants and cafes serving cuisine from more than 70 countries - but you don’t want to miss the world famous Indian food on Brick Lane in East London.
- Time Out is an essential guide to what’s on in London each week.
- Have a smartphone? Download Citymapper. It is an absolute must for getting around the city.
- When it comes to transport in London the Tube is fast and easy, but you will see more and get to know the city faster if you try the bus. Don’t worry, if you took our advice and downloaded Citymapper you won’t get lost. Probably.