Black and White Photography Darkroom Techniques
Inspired by the greats such as Man Ray, Lee Miller, Helen Chadwick, Pierre Cordier, Susan Derges and many others, this course gives you an opportunity to create unique and expressive silver gelatin based prints.This course will give you an overview of the creative possibilities of alternative darkroom techniques and their expressive potential in contemporary art...
Taught by: A respected industry expert.
Inspired by the greats such as Man Ray, Lee Miller, Helen Chadwick, Pierre Cordier, Susan Derges and many others, this course gives you an opportunity to create unique and expressive silver gelatin based prints.
This course will give you an overview of the creative possibilities of alternative darkroom techniques and their expressive potential in contemporary art. You will have the opportunity to make images using these techniques in the darkroom and be able to produce their own images to a good standard.
Taught through a series of demonstrations and exercises, this practical skills-based course will help you feel confident about working in the darkroom.
- Historical context of darkroom manipulations
- Alternative techniques and applications in contemporary art
- Making and using a pin hole camera
- Making negative prints from a positive paper
- Solarised paper prints
- Cameraless photography techniques using objects in the enlarger
- Photograms, cliché verre and chemigrams
- Printing using different surfaces using liquid emulsion including stone, plaster, glass, wood and papers
- Presentation and feedback.
By the end of this course you should be able to:
- Have a working knowledge of the different techniques and processes involved
- Create a selection of images using these techniques
- Acquire an understanding of how to apply these processes in your own work
- Be confident in working in the darkroom
- Support an application for work or study with a body of work and a greater confidence to talk about it.
Who Should Attend
Photography students, practicing artists and those interested in analogue and historical photography processes.
Intermediate. You should have basic darkroom and analogue photography skills. No alternative photography processes experience is required.
Details for booking
Alternative Dates and Times
If no dates are showing then please 'Enquire about this course' using the link below and we will contact you when new dates are published.