Social Media Marketing (Online)
You may have already set up a Twitter account or Facebook page for your business or project, but does it get results? Whatever stage you are at, this course will make you more effective.You will learn how to build a social media strategy for your business, making use of multiple platforms and leveraging networks to spread your message to reach new audiences...
Taught by: Hana Jay Klokner.
You may have already set up a Twitter account or Facebook page for your business or project, but does it get results? Whatever stage you are at, this course will make you more effective.
You will learn how to build a social media strategy for your business, making use of multiple platforms and leveraging networks to spread your message to reach new audiences. You will learn in small, hands-on classes, led by one of London College of Communication's experts in the field, and each class will help you master a new skill. You will look at the strategic role of social media marketing and how to use it for different purposes (community building, branding, lead generation, etc.). You will learn how to define and use a consistent voice across platforms, and how to design a narrative that supports your goals but is also shareable and & likeable. And once your strategy is clear, you will learn the tools you need to build a network and run social media campaigns on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube and other platforms, and also tools and techniques to create appropriate and engaging content.
- Wide range of platforms including Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, YouTube
- Successful social media campaign case studies
- Engaging your target market
- How to use content to drive, accurately measure, and increase engagement with your target market
- Creating a consistent voice across platforms
- Capturing and analysing metrics to segment and target your market
- Measuring a campaign's return on investment (ROI)
- Overview of online privacy laws
- Best practice in social media marketing strategies
By the end of the course you should be able to:
- Establish a sustainable presence on the social media platforms relevant to your business
- Execute a social media campaign and measure its impact using metrics
- Understand online privacy laws and best practice for social media marketing
Who is Social Media Marketing (Online) for?
The course will be beneficial to anyone responsible for social media marketing, or who would like to learn how to develop and execute a sustainable social media marketing plan, whether it's for your professional role or your own business
Level: Beginner, though you should have a basic understanding of Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest and YouTube
Please note: This course is for learners aged 18 and over
Why choose an LCC Online Short Course
Our online learning short courses allow you to experience London College of Communication wherever you are in the world. Additionally all LCC Online Short Courses include;
- Live sessions with expert
- Lesson recordings
- Practical assignments
- Personal feedback
- VLE with course content
- Forums for support
- 3 months online access
- LCC Certificate upon completion
Further details about this course and others offered at LCC can be found here or you can check the Online Short Courses FAQ page for more details about how the courses are delivered
Please note that all courses are taught in UK time. To check and compare times please click here
Follow Up Courses
After you have completed this course you may want to take up Paid Social Strategy (Online), Digital Marketing Strategy (Online) or Practical Public Relations (Online).
This course is also available as a classroom course: Social Media Marketing
Hana is a writer, blogging specialist and social media enthusiast. A former editor and founder of online magazines, Hana has nine years of experience with blogging, marketing and managing online platforms.
She started blogging in 2007 about Apple for MacBlog.sk the leading Apple weblog in Slovakia, and later for other online magazines about social media and marketing. In 2012 she founded a fashion blogazine which she led as the editor-in-chief for four years before she sold the website in 2012. In 2014 she sold another blog, Spring4sims.com, an aggregator about The Sims franchise. Both sites she founded, are still running and bring regular revenue to their new owners.
As well as her own projects, Hana has built up social media presence for global companies, including InnocentStore.com , startups and private clients. In the past year she's started teaching her own blogging course, organizes meet ups for blogger, and writes on her blog HanaJayWrites.com. She's published short stories for kindle and is currently writing a children's book.
Online Short Course Materials
To take part in the Online sessions you will need:
- An up-to-date web browser (we recommend Firefox or Chrome)
- The latest version of Java installed on your device
- Microphone and headphones (a headset with a microphone function is recommended)
- Strong Internet connection via WiFi or Ethernet; 2G, 3G or 4G will not be sufficient
Course Specific Materials
- Paper and pen to take notes during live sessions