Introduction to SEO (Online)
Uncover the mystery of Search Engine Optimisation (SEO). During this 4-week SEO training course you will understand what SEO is, how search engines like Google work, how they read and understand content. Enrich yourself with a detailed understanding of how Google measures quality and what you need to do to begin building valuable organic website traffic...
Taught by: John Hillman.
Uncover the mystery of Search Engine Optimisation (SEO). During this 4-week SEO training course you will understand what SEO is, how search engines like Google work, how they read and understand content.
Enrich yourself with a detailed understanding of how Google measures quality and what you need to do to begin building valuable organic website traffic. Learn how to write for the web and track and measure your success. Build authority in your niche, and understand the detailed breakdown of the technical considerations to transform your website.
Through a combination of lecture based learning and practical workshop exercises you will gain tools to create your own SEO strategy. Part of the course will also examine industry leading tools and how professionals rise above their competitors.
- How search engines work
- Understanding the SEO pyramid; the 3 essential components of SEO
- Technical SEO; how to analyse and uncover issues that stop sites from ranking
- Keyword research and information architecture
- On-page SEO checklist
- Backlink building and digital PR
- Off-page SEO checklist
By the end of this course you will have;
- Learnt how search engines like Google discover, index and rank websites
- Developed an understanding of content marketing and the relationship between SEO, PR and social media
- Gain knowledge of the tools, resources and techniques used by the professional SEO
- Received personal feedback from your tutor on your weekly assignments
Who is Introduction to SEO (Online) For
This course will be useful to anyone who wants to get an introductory understanding of how SEO works and how it can be used to increase audience exposure to your brand, business, or cause. Please note, this course is for students aged 18 and over.
Why Choose an LCC Online Short Course
Our online learning short courses allow you to experience London College of Communication wherever you are in the world. Additionally all LCC Online Short Courses include;
- Live sessions with expert
- Lesson recordings
- Practical assignments
- Personal feedback
- VLE with course content
- Forums for support
- 3 months online access
- LCC Certificate upon completion
Please note that all courses are taught in UK time.
Online Short Course Materials
To take part in the Online sessions you will need:
- An up-to-date web browser (we recommend Firefox or Chrome)
- The latest version of Java installed on your device
- Microphone and headphones (a headset with a microphone function is recommended)
- Pen and paper to take notes