Design Management (Online)
Design is the driving force behind the creative industries, new product development and innovation. But as a manager, how should you support and control creative processes? And develop a culture of creativity? This is the focus of this short, practical online course in Design Management...
Taught by: Phillippa Rose.
Design is the driving force behind the creative industries, new product development and innovation. But as a manager, how should you support and control creative processes? And develop a culture of creativity? This is the focus of this short, practical online course in Design Management.
This course is tailored individuals working in, or who aspire to work in, a creative context, and in six sessions, will provide you with best practices from design thinking, strategic management and creative leadership, to help you manage design in a more strategic way.
This hands on course will be taught through in-class workshops, project work and presentations and feedback sessions, and will give you a practical toolkit which you can apply immediately.
- Week One: Intro into Strategic Management
- Week Two: Leadership of Creative Teams
- Week Three: Design Thinking I: Process and Tools
- Week Four: Design Thinking II: People Requirements
- Week Five: Strategic Problem Solving
- Week Six: Consulting and Negotiating
By the end of this course you will have a better understanding of;
- How to lead creative teams successfully
- How to apply design thinking
- How to manage projects and clients strategically
- How to use consulting tools and negotiate with clients
Who is Design Management (Online) for
This beginner course will be beneficial for designers, creatives, brand managers, and entrepreneurs who aspire towards more strategic and managerial roles. It is also an excellent fit for individuals who are new to the creative sector or who aspire to work in it, and want to get up to speed quickly.
Please note: This course is for students ages 18 and over
Why choose an LCC Online Short Course
Our online learning short courses allow you to experience London College of Communication wherever you are in the world. Additionally all LCC Online Short Courses include;
- Live sessions with expert
- Lesson recordings
- Practical assignments
- Personal feedback
- VLE with course content
- Forums for support
- 3 months online access
- LCC Certificate upon completion
Course tutor Eva-Maria Kirchberger's co-authored chapter Specialist Service Design Consulting: The end of the beginning, or the beginning of the end? in Designing for Service: Key Issues and New Direction. Read more on the LCC Blog.
Further details about this course and others offered at LCC can be found here or you can check the Online Short Courses FAQ page for more details about how the courses are delivered
Please note that all courses are taught in UK time. To check and compare times please click here
Phillippa Rose has been a service designer and facilitator since 2005, working one:one and with small groups on research, problem solving and strategic visioning to help organisations become more agile, adapt for the future and become genuinely user driven.
Clients have ranged from niche brands Animal and Nkuku, through to fast growing technology company Blur Group, various government departments and The Open Data Institute. Most recently Phillippa has been working with The App Business and The Met Office leading on user research for their 2016 weather App. She also enjoys teaching on the MA Service Experience Design and Innovation course, the BA Design Management and Cultures course, and is contributing to the forthcoming This is Service Design Doing book.
Online Short Course Materials
To take part in the Online sessions you will need:
- An up-to-date web browser (we recommend Firefox or Chrome)
- The latest version of Java installed on your device
- Microphone and headphones (a headset with a microphone function is recommended)
- Strong Internet connection via WiFi or ethernet; 2G, 3G or 4G will not be sufficient
Course Specific Materials
- Paper and pen to take notes during live sessions