User Experience: Lean Methodology
Design user experiences efficiently and collaboratively. This course is for you if you care about your customers and want to learn how to design effectively for them. It is inspired by the lean method and teaches you how to design great user experiences: starting from the users and various research techniques, analysing and integrating user testing at every step of the design...
Taught by: Sophie Lepinoy.
Design user experiences efficiently and collaboratively. This course is for you if you care about your customers and want to learn how to design effectively for them. It is inspired by the lean method and teaches you how to design great user experiences: starting from the users and various research techniques, analysing and integrating user testing at every step of the design.
You will learn to sketch web experience working on a live brief based on existing customer research. You will also have the opportunity to apply what you have learned to your own projects.
It is a practical course to help you design user-centered experiences efficiently, following lean methods.
- Fundamentals of lean UX and agile processes
- User research techniques and how to choose the right ones for your project
- Core user research techniques
- Ways to do competitor research and site audits
- How to create: data walls, personas, user journeys
- The basics of scenarios and story boards
- Interaction design principles
- Sketching (pen & paper) user interfaces
By the end of this course you should be able to:
- Use a lean user experience process
- Plan your user research, choosing when and how to conduct it
- Analyse and use your research
- Research competitors and audit websites
- Create key design assets such as personas and user journeys
- Know the main use interaction design principles
- Sketch a user interface
Who Should Attend
This is ideal for you if you are a designer who wants to develop expertise in this in-demand area. It is also perfect for you if you work as an account manager, marketer or communications professional who works with UX designers.
Beginner. You should have some basic computer skills but do not need any previous UX experience.
Follow Up Courses
Sophie Lepinoy is a user experience and brand designer and lecturer. She started her career as a research analyst from 2000 to 2007, gaining invaluable research and analytical skills. While working in the City she took a number of design short courses at UAL. She then changed careers to become a graphic designer (Graphic Design BA at LCC) and user experience designer (Post Graduate Cert in UCD web design & development from University of London).
As a UX and brand designer, she's worked for design agencies, digital education and craft starts-ups as well as larger companies. She is now freelancing for start-ups and social enterprises. From her experience in UX she'd developed a keen interest in design processes, particularly Lean UX as well as a passion of user research. She believes user observation and more generally research should be at the heart of every good product.