Print Production and Colour Management
Effective colour management and design for digital production are essential for achieving consistency across different types of print media. On this course you will learn how to produce less waste and increase your profit during the design and print processes...
Taught by: Tutor to be confirmed.
Effective colour management and design for digital production are essential for achieving consistency across different types of print media.
On this course you will learn how to produce less waste and increase your profit during the design and print processes.
You will look at the essential specifications for print design. Effective colour reproduction is an important theme and you will consider everything from image processing through to the preparation of effective proofs. Practical sessions will concentrate on the production and evaluation of input profiles, which will be incorporated into a complete colour managed workflow.
The course allows you to produce work to specification and see the end results output to proof and press using a Heidelberg multi colour press.
- Essential specifications for print design
- Effective colour reproduction
- Image processing
- Scanning for output
- Colour conversion
- Page layout
- Imposition schemes
- Preparation of effective proofs
- Production and evaluation of input profiles
- Colour managed workflow.
By the end of the course you should be able to:
- Design effectively for print by improving your image processing, page layout and proof preparation
- Offer your clients the highest professional standards in the most time-efficient way
- Understand why different colour profiles are required for different media
- Produce profiles for input and output
- Pitch and explain your concepts to clients with confidence
Who Should Attend
Designers, account managers and others creating or approving work for print.
Intermediate: You should have some familiarity with Adobe Photoshop and a basic knowledge of the printing process.
Details for booking
Alternative Dates and Times
If no dates are showing then please 'Enquire about this course' using the link below and we will contact you when new dates are published.