Speedlights, Flashguns and the ‘Strobist’ Photographer
Take your photography skills to the next level through understanding flash lighting technique. This two day course, taught on location and in our industry standard studios, will explore on and off camera flash for effective and creative, professional results...
Taught by: Simon Leibowitz.
Take your photography skills to the next level through understanding flash lighting technique. This two day course, taught on location and in our industry standard studios, will explore on and off camera flash for effective and creative, professional results.
We will explore reportage and event photography skills, as well as the techniques professional photographers use to create stunning location portraits.
- Considering basic kit and accessories
- On and off camera Speedlight / flashgun controls and manual settings
- Shooting with Speedlight flashes on location
- Combining flash and ambient light
- Quality of light and how to manipulate it
- Understanding flash exposure
- Strobist lighting for portraits on location
By the end of this course you should be able to:
- Understand the principles of flash photography
- Know how to manipulate and control light sources for creative effects
- Achieve the best results with your Speedlight flashguns
- Know how to combine flash and available light in an effective and pleasing ways
- Shoot portraits on location using umbrellas and other flash accessories
Who Should Attend
Photographers and enthusiasts wishing to expand their present skills and learn how to best utilise flash exposures in photography.
You should have previous experience in photography.
Follow Up Courses
After you have completed this course you may want to continue your digital education with Adobe Photoshop for Photographers: Intermediate or try learn more about Documentary Photography: Seeing The World.
Simon Leibowitz divides his time between professional photography and teaching. With a career that spans editorial, marketing, design & advertising clients; Simon has a thorough understanding of current trends, industry standards and contemporary professional practice.
Details for booking
|Date||Day of Week||Time||Duration||Cost||Status||Location||Action|
|18/02/2017 - 25/02/2017||Saturday||11:00 - 17:00||2 Weeks||£366||Available||Elephant & Castle - SE1||Add to Basket|
|20/04/2017 - 21/04/2017||Thursday - Friday||11:00 - 17:00||2 Days||£366||Available||Elephant & Castle - SE1||Add to Basket|
|05/07/2017 - 06/07/2017||Wednesday - Thursday||11:00 - 17:00||2 Days||£366||Available||Elephant & Castle - SE1||Add to Basket|
|30/09/2017 - 07/10/2017||Saturday||11:00 - 17:00||2 Weeks||£366||Available||Elephant & Castle - SE1||Add to Basket|