Business Planning for the Creative Industries
Learn how to build a business plan for an existing business or business idea in the creative industries. Through a combination of lectures, group exercises and individual research, you will reflect on your practices, industries and ambitions and build these into a planning document...
Taught by: Austin Milne.
Learn how to build a business plan for an existing business or business idea in the creative industries. Through a combination of lectures, group exercises and individual research, you will reflect on your practices, industries and ambitions and build these into a planning document. This document will enable you to tell the story of your business to clients and funders, using words and figures. A key focus of will be on identifying the role different forms of capital will play in your business model and creating financial projections for the next few years.
You will learn how to conduct relevant market research that will help you find opportunities in your industry and target market and teach you how test your entrepreneurial ideas with potential clients. These will inform marketing strategies that are effective and have a high return on investment.
You will complete mapping exercises to identify the relationships you need to serve your client base and create an appropriate organisation structure.
- Market Research
- Advertising and Marketing
- Forms of Capital
- Intellectual Property
- Structure and Management
- Cash-flows and Financial Projections
- Funding and Investment
- Pitches and Presentations
By the end of this course you will:
- Have created a document that will help focus your efforts as a self-employed creative practitioner or entrepreneur
- Know how to conduct market research relevant to your business ideas
- Be able to identify market opportunities and target demographics
- Embed entrepreneurial trials and innovative capacity into a business or organisation
- Communicate the story of your business to clients and funders
- Leave with a personalised business mode and marketing strategy
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for you if you have a creative business or a idea for a creative business. This could be in advertising, architecture, art, craft, design, digital, fashion, film, music, theatre, publishing, video games or any other of the creative industries.