User Experience (UX) Design (Online)
Learn how to design delightful user experiences in partnership with designers and communications professionals. This UX design online course is ideal you for you if customers are key to your business and you want to design effectively for them...
Learn how to design delightful user experiences in partnership with designers and communications professionals. This UX design online course is ideal you for you if customers are key to your business and you want to design effectively for them. Learning will be informed by the lean method and will teach you powerful user experience design skills: starting from the users and various research techniques, analysing and integrating user testing at every step of the design.
You will learn to sketch web experience working on a live brief based on existing customer research. You will also have the opportunity to apply what you have learned to your own projects.
This course will be taught over University of the Arts London's online platform. Each session will last one and a half hours, homework assignments will be set for completion between classes. Please note all times are UK time (please check the local time when you book). To find out more about how online courses are taught please visit our dedicated Online Courses webpage.
It is a practical course to help you design user-centered experiences efficiently, following lean methods.
- Fundamentals of lean UX design and agile processes
- User research techniques and how to choose the right ones for your project
- Core user research techniques
- Ways to do competitor research and site audits
- How to create: data walls, personas, user journeys
- The basics of scenarios and story boards
- Interaction design principles
- Sketching (pen & paper) user interfaces
By the end of this course you should be able to:
- Use a lean user experience process
- Plan your user research, choosing when and how to conduct it
- Analyse and use your research
- Research competitors and audit websites
- Create key design assets such as personas and user journeys
- Know the main use interaction design principles
- Sketch a user interface
Who Should Attend
This is ideal for you if you are a designer who wants to develop expertise in this in-demand area. It is also perfect for you if you work as an account manager, marketer or communications professional who works with UX designers.
Beginner. You should have some basic computer skills but do not need any previous UX experience.
Follow Up Courses
You might also be interested in our classroom course taught at the College: User Experience: Lean Methodology