Stop Motion Animation with Adobe Photoshop
The Stop-Motion Animation with Photoshop short course is designed to give you a playful, creative experience. You will come up with a short story and visual idea, and learn to plan a short animation through storyboarding. You will create the elements of your animation, whether hand-made, digital or a mix of the two, following your storyboard...
Taught by: Francesco de Manincor.
The Stop-Motion Animation with Photoshop short course is designed to give you a playful, creative experience. You will come up with a short story and visual idea, and learn to plan a short animation through storyboarding. You will create the elements of your animation, whether hand-made, digital or a mix of the two, following your storyboard. Finally, you will bring your animation to life on screen with Photoshop, and will export the finished project as a video clip and also as an animated GIF for the web.
Stop-Motion animation can be created in many styles and techniques, and you will assemble the finished projects using Photoshop Timeline functions. In the course, you are encouraged to experiment with different forms and visual styles. Stop-motion can be achieved in a variety of ways, with drawings, photos or digital assets. Any of the methods could also be mixed (for instance digital painting in Photoshop over a photo sequence taken with a digital camera: the modern version of painting on individual frames on traditional 35 mm film). The possibilities are endless.
- Exploration of ideas for a short animation
- Storyboarding and planning animation
- Creating short animation based on your ideas, research, and planning
- Exporting the finished project in different video/animation formats
By the end of the course you should be able to:
- Understand the whole process of creating a simple stop-motion animation
- Learn to plan, stage and create the assets for your animation, assembling your project in Photoshop and exporting it in different video and animation formats
- Explore the creative aspects of visual storytelling and ideas representation through motion
- Understand the importance of timing in animation and storytelling.
Who Should Attend
Suitable for anyone interested in creating a short story using Stop-Motion animation with Adobe Photoshop.
Follow Up Courses
Once you have taken this course you may be interested in DSLR Filmmaking and Animation and Illustration Portfolio Preparation course.
We also offer Animation and Adobe Photoshop bespoke courses for groups, individuals and businesses. To find out more, visit our Customised Training page.
We offer a wide range of Adobe courses for Adobe Creative Suite - find out more on our Digital Skills page.
Francesco likes to start by exploring ideas drawing on paper, to then complete production and post-production using digital tools, for the unbounded possibilities that these offer. He believes that it's all about realising our vision, about storytelling, to captivate and engage the viewer and create that little bit of magic.