How to Prototype an App (Online)
In this online short course you will be guided through the steps to create your own prototype of a working app. You will learn to apply powerful user experience design skills, starting from the users and various research techniques, and analyzing and integrating user testing at every step of the design...
Taught by: Peter Koraca.
In this online short course you will be guided through the steps to create your own prototype of a working app. You will learn to apply powerful user experience design skills, starting from the users and various research techniques, and analyzing and integrating user testing at every step of the design. Starting with a basic idea, you will learn how to sketch and wire-frame interfaces, apply best practices for interaction design, create style and design specifications, and and finally produce an interactive prototype.
- Fundamentals of lean UX design and agile processes
- Selection and application of user research techniques
- Ways to do competitor research and site audits
- How to create personas and user journeys
- The basics of scenarios and story boards
- Interaction design principles
- Sketching (pen and paper) user interfaces
- Using tools such as Invision and Sketch for design and prototyping
By the end of this course you should be able to:
- Use a lean user experience process
- Plan your user research, choosing when and how to conduct it
- Analyse and use your research
- Research competitors and audit websites
- Create key design assets such as personas and user journeys
- Know the main use interaction design principles
- Sketch a user interface
- Create an interactive prototype
Who Should Attend
This course is ideal for you if you are a designer who wants to develop expertise in this in-demand area, or if you have an idea for an app which you would like to develop.
Please note: This course is for students aged 18 and over
Why choose an LCC Online Short Course
Our online learning short courses allow you to experience London College of Communication wherever you are in the world. Additionally all LCC Online Short Courses include;
- Live sessions with expert
- Lesson recordings
- Practical assignments
- Personal feedback
- VLE with course content
- Forums for support
- 3 months online access
- LCC Certificate upon completion
Further details about this course and others offered at LCC can be found here or you can check the Online Short Courses FAQ page for more details about how the courses are delivered
Please note that all courses are taught in UK time. To check and compare times please click here
Peter Koraca is a digital designer and creative coder working at the crossover between art and design. He has been involved in projects ranging from digital maps and wayfinding strategies for London Heathrow Airport to interactive art pieces like ‘Thinking’ at Kunsthalen Charlotenborg in Copenhagen. Currently Peter heads the UX/UI design team at Deutsche Teleokm UK and in his spare time works on open source projects for schools like the data visualisation web-app ‘Tallis Habits’ for Thomas Tallis school in South London (a web-app that allows children to report and play with their learning habits). Peter is obsessed with simplicity on all levels. He believes in prototyping from the start and design centred around the user. Peter thinks products should fulfil a specific function and surprise and delight their users. Only when all these things are present, often unnoticed, can the real beauty emerge.
Online Short Course Materials
To take part in the Online sessions you will need:
- An up-to-date web browser (we recommend Firefox or Chrome)
- The latest version of Java installed on your device
- Microphone and headphones (a headset with a microphone function is recommended)
- Strong Internet connection via WiFi or Ethernet; 2G, 3G or 4G will not be sufficient
Course Specific Materials
- Paper and pen to take notes during live sessions
Details for booking
Alternative Dates and Times
If no dates are showing then please 'Enquire about this course' using the link below and we will contact you when new dates are published.