How to Prototype an App (Online)
In this online short course you will be guided through the steps to create your own prototype of a working app. You will learn to apply powerful user experience design skills, starting from the users and various research techniques, and analyzing and integrating user testing at every step of the design...
Taught by: Peter Koraca.
In this online short course you will be guided through the steps to create your own prototype of a working app. You will learn to apply powerful user experience design skills, starting from the users and various research techniques, and analyzing and integrating user testing at every step of the design. Starting with a basic idea, you will learn how to sketch and wire-frame interfaces, apply best practices for interaction design, create style and design specifications, and and finally produce an interactive prototype.
This course will be taught over University of the Arts London's online platform. Each session will last between one and two and a half hours, home work assignments may be set for completion between classes. Please note all times are UK time (please check the local time when you book). To find out moe about how online courses are taught please visit our dedicated Online Courses webpage.
- Fundamentals of lean UX design and agile processes
- Selection and application of user research techniques
- Ways to do competitor research and site audits
- How to create personas and user journeys
- The basics of scenarios and story boards
- Interaction design principles
- Sketching (pen & paper) user interfaces
- Using tools such as Invision and Sketch for design and prototyping
By the end of this course you should be able to:
- Use a lean user experience process
- Plan your user research, choosing when and how to conduct it
- Analyse and use your research
- Research competitors and audit websites
- Create key design assets such as personas and user journeys
- Know the main use interaction design principles
- Sketch a user interface
- Create an interactive prototype
Who Should Attend
This is ideal for you if you are a designer who wants to develop expertise in this in-demand area, or if you have an idea for an app which you would like to develop.
Peter Koraca is a digital designer and creative coder working at the crossover between art and design. He has been involved in projects ranging from digital maps and wayfinding strategies for London Heathrow Airport to interactive art pieces like ‘Thinking’ at Kunsthalen Charlotenborg in Copenhagen. Currently Peter heads the UX/UI design team at Deutsche Teleokm UK and in his spare time works on open source projects for schools like the data visualisation web-app ‘Tallis Habits’ for Thomas Tallis school in South London (a web-app that allows children to report and play with their learning habits). Peter is obsessed with simplicity on all levels. He believes in prototyping from the start and design centred around the user. Peter thinks products should fulfil a specific function and surprise and delight their users. Only when all these things are present, often unnoticed, can the real beauty emerge.
Details for booking
Alternative Dates and Times
If no dates are showing then please 'Enquire about this course' using the link below and we will contact you when new dates are published.