What does disruption mean for the communication, graphic, spatial and product design industries? Taught by expertise the latest digital trend this course will introduce you to the idea of Digital as a medium in which to create solutions to your design challenges while enabling you to see the bigger picture - how value is created in the digital world...
Taught by: Rafa Prada, A respected industry expert.
What does disruption mean for the communication, graphic, spatial and product design industries?
Taught by expertise the latest digital trend this course will introduce you to the idea of Digital as a medium in which to create solutions to your design challenges while enabling you to see the bigger picture - how value is created in the digital world.
This hands-on course has been designed to help guide you through a digital design project, from brief to delivery, using practical examples of Agile processes, Ideation, User Experience and code, no matter if your output is screen-based or not.
You will gain insights beyond just coding. This course will focus on teaching you how to apply design concepts and reveal current trends in digital design for those seeking to work within the digital space.
The course is perfect for you if you have industry experience in graphic, interior, product, theatre or an other design area, and want to approach digital projects with greater confidence.
By the end of the course you should be able to:
- Understand all the steps of the process behind a digital-based project
- Have the confidence to scope and propose digital solutions for your clients' needs
- Utilise technology-led ideas to create digital outputs on your projects
- Design engaging 'digital-first' solutions from start to end
At the end of the week you'll have the chance to propose digital solutions applying what you've learned by rapidly prototyping a design response to a project brief. You will also have the tools and understanding of how a digital project runs so you can confidently join digital teams.
Day 1 - Overview and Analysis - Rewind
- Presentations and overview of the course
- Walking backwards, from finished Digital Product back to initial idea
Day 2 - The Beginnings. User Experience and Research - Concept and Brainstorm
- Fundamentals of Lean UX design and Design Thinking
- Ideation, Wireframing, Sketching (pen and paper) use interfaces
- User research techniques and how to choose the right ones for your project
- How to create: data walls, personas and user journeys (workshop)
Day 3 - Processes
- What is Agile?
- Scrum vs Kanban
- Approaching digital product development and Management tools
- Planning, Sprints, Showcase and Retrospective (workshop)
Day 4 - Production: from Brand to Technical implementation
- Working with developers. Collaboration tool (github, etc.)
- 'Websites are applications'
- Modern Workflows: CMS/DB, responsive design, asset delivery etc.
- React/Redux: what's all this stuff?
- Debug and hacking (workshop)
Day 5 - Design delightful interactions
- Interaction design principles
- Multi platform technologies in the browser (3D, WebRTC etc.)
- Physical computing and web technologies
- Designing for dynamic identities
- Screen is not Print
- Sensor fusion. Complementary data and tools from mobile devices (workshop)
By the end of the course you should be able to;
- Understand what makes a project digital-led
- Understand the technology and know where and how to apply it
- Be aware of the developments in the design sectors
- Identify/assign job roles and responsibilities
- Feed into the creative process of the design lifecycle of digital projects
- Plan, analyse and use your design research
- Design delightful products that people want to use
- Design with consideration for the requirements of different formats
Intermediate: you should have some prior design experience, but you do not need to have any previous digital experience.
You may be:
- In a senior design position and responsible for recruiting new staff and managing a digital design budget
- A designer working with developers
- Returning to work after a break
- A freelancer seeking opportunities and networks
- A designer looking to move to digital projects
- In a project of delivery management role
Our Digital Skills training courses are ideal if you started out in the pre-digital era - broaden your knowledge, employability skills and digital literacy for the digital economy.
Previous clients include Levi Strauss & Co, Nottingham Contemporary, RAF Museum and Alastair Marriott (ROH).
This course will be taught by a respected industry expert.
Details for booking
|Date||Day of Week||Time||Duration||Cost||Status||Location||Action|
|16/07/2018 - 20/07/2018||Monday - Friday||11:00 - 17:00||5 Days||£726||Available||Elephant & Castle - SE1||Add to Basket|
|17/09/2018 - 21/09/2018||Monday - Friday||11:00 - 17:00||5 Days||£726||Available||Elephant & Castle - SE1||Add to Basket|
|10/12/2018 - 14/12/2018||Monday - Friday||11:00 - 17:00||5 Days||£726||Available||Elephant & Castle - SE1||Add to Basket|