Autodesk 3ds Max: Lighting and Rendering
Architectural visualisation, product visuals, photorealism, stylistic or NPR (non photorealistic rendering) for still images and animated sequences. Clients want to know what something will look like before spending money on commissioning interior designers and architects to make it...
Taught by: Florian Stephens.
Architectural visualisation, product visuals, photorealism, stylistic or NPR (non photorealistic rendering) for still images and animated sequences.
Clients want to know what something will look like before spending money on commissioning interior designers and architects to make it. Equally, a designer or animator maybe asked to output a 3D animation in a particular aesthetic / graphic style.
3ds Max, the industry standard 3d software, allows interior designers, architectural visualisers and designers to achieve a photorealistic visualisation of interior and exterior environments, products or graphic animation.
Taught through a series of demonstrations and exercises, this practical course will teach you the core aspects of lighting and rendering to create architectural environments, interiors, and spaces in non photorealistic rendering.Using a production standard rendering system you will learn how to globally illuminate and render these scenes to a high level of realism or graphic style while giving you an in depth knowledge of the relationship between 3D materials, lighting and rendering.
- Advanced lighting and rendering
- Environments, interiors, spaces and products for animation and still image
- Photorealistic visualisation
- Rendering to layers for composting
- Global illumination
- Non Photorealistic Rendering – graphic or stylised output
- Still image and Animated output
- Importing designs from other software
By the end of this course you should be able to:
- Understand and use the different types of Lighting and Rendering systems available in the software
- Understand the requirements of developing a photorealistic visualisation of architectural environments, interiors and spaces
- Use a high end production standard rendering engine to globally illuminate spaces
- Render environments to a high level of realism
- Produce stylised graphic animation
- Output images for print and animation
This course is taught on Mental Ray
Who Should Attend
Interior designers, architectural visualisers and the interested amateur with an understanding of 3ds Max and those looking to take their renders to the next level of realism.
Intermediate: You should be able to demonstrate you have prior knowledge of 3ds Max or a different 3D digital software
Follow Up Courses
After you have completed this course you may want to continue your education in 3ds Max with Autudesk 3ds Max: Character Development and Animation or Autodesk 3ds Max: Visual Effects Animation.
Tailor Made Training
We also offer bespoke Autodesk 3ds Max courses for groups, individuals and businesses. To find out more, visit our Tailor Made Training page
Florian Stephens is a visiting Lecturer in the School of Media at LCC and a freelance 3D graphics artist and designer. He specialises in high quality 3D modelling and animation, from photorealistic imagery and visualisation, to stylistic animation for TV and web-based 3D virtual assets.
Florian has an extensive portfolio of 3D projects which demonstrates his work for clients such as the Daily Telegraph Homes Magazine, Rimmel and MTV.