London College of Communication welcomes applications from international students from around the world. Here you will find more information about how to apply with application forms. We have also included links to more specific advice as well as contact details for any queries or questions you may have.

How to apply direct to LCC

At LCC we welcome applications from international students from around the world.

University of the Arts London is a member of the British Council's Education Counselling Service and you can contact any of the Council's offices if you need advice. We also have representatives in a range of countries who you can contact for more information.

The International Admissions Team looks after all non-EU international applicants who want to study a full-time course at LCC. We provide admissions advice, process applications and enrol international students once they arrive at the University.

If you're a Home or EU student, please contact the Home/EU team to make an application enquiry. If you're not sure whether you qualify as an international student or not, please feel free to contact us.

Application forms and advice

If you are applying for an undergraduate (degree) or further education (foundation or access) course at LCC, please complete the Further Education and Undergraduate International Application form‌.

If you are applying for a postgraduate course e.g. a Masters degree please complete the Postgraduate International Application Form. Please include two letters of reference with your application.

Please send your completed application to:

LCC International Admissions Team
College Academic Registry
London College of Communication
Elephant and Castle 
London SE1 6SB

Alternatively, you can email it to the International Office.

Your application will take approximately four weeks to be assessed and we will email you with the decision.

If you're applying from overseas direct to LCC, you can send any required portfolio work with the application form and you don't need to attend an interview.

You can apply for more than one course at University of the Arts London (UAL) but please make sure you use the right International Student Application Form for each College. 

If you are made more than one offer from our University, we will ask you to choose which offer you want to accept before you receive an official offer letter or the CAS document to apply for a Tier 4 visa.

Current UAL students

If you are an international student currently enrolled at LCC and want to discuss progressing onto another LCC or UAL course, i.e. currently on a foundation or undergraduate course, please contact the International Team to find out more about your options. You can set up an advisory session with one of our academic advisors if you'd like to discuss this further.

Contact us

Please feel free to contact us with any international admissions related enquiries.

Current LCC international students: please contact your course administrator, unless your enquiry is about progressing on to a new course at LCC.

Tel: +44 (0)20 7514 8138 
Email: LCC International Team

Tours and open days

Want to visit LCC before you apply? Find out about open days or book a campus tour on LCC's open days and tours pages.

English language requirements

Students need to be competent speakers and writers of English in order to be able to study at LCC. If English is not your first language, you will need to show proof of your English ability by taking a Secure English Language Test. 

Visit the University's Language Requirements page for more information. That's where you can find our comparison charts to see which language tests we accept and which scores you need, as well as information about exemptions from taking a test. The IELTS scores and their equivalents on the comparison chart are minimum requirements for English language and students must get the grades required – there are no exceptions.

If you take TOEFL, please do not use the comparison chart which is sometimes given with the TOEFL certificate. You must use the comparison charts on our Language Requirements page. 

If you would like more information on the latest IELTS levels required for courses at LCC, please contact us.


When you apply for visual arts, media, digital media and sound arts courses, we ask you to submit a portfolio or examples of your work with your application. This helps tutors to gain an idea of your creative potential and imagination, as well as your technical skills. Sketchbooks and diagrams can often provide evidence of potential as effectively as more polished work.

We treat portfolios with great respect and take every care of them. However, no responsibility can be accepted for the damage or loss of any work.

Find out more about portfolio preparation.

Useful information for international applicants

Scholarships and funding

The University offers a small number of postgraduate scholarships for international applicants each year. There is not currently any funding available for further education or undergraduate level study.

University accommodation

Thinking about living in University accommodation? UAL offers a wide variety of housing all over London.

UAL International student pages

For useful information about visas, international fees, living in London, student exchanges and the Language Centre.

Overseas representative

For information on our overseas representatives please contact the University of the Arts London International Centre on +44 (0)20 7514 8522 / +44 (0)20 7514 7605 or email the International Office.

Disability Services

For information about disability support offered by the University, please visit the disability service web pages. For specific enquiries please email the disability team.

For help managing your money

Brightside UNIAID, an independent charity, has developed an interactive student calculator to help international students manage their money while living and studying in the UK.