Printing and Finishing
The Printing and Finishing department offers resources across five dedicated areas.
Digital Print and Reprographics
Digital Printing and Reprographics offer a complete service where you can print everything from your dissertation to your final major project.
The area is fully equipped with:
- Xerox 700i Digital Colour Press
- Large-format HP Inkjet printers
- Mac release stations with Xerox 7800 specialist printers
- A dedicated Reprographics area
- Large work table with cutting mats and A0 and A1 size trimmers
Lithographic Printing is a teaching area that offers a bespoke print service, this includes plate making through print to finished product.
The team can assist you with various techniques:
- High-quality Lithographic printing
- CMYK duplex printing
- Riso printing
- Thermographic printing
Print Finishing and Bookbinding
Cutting, binding, creasing, saddle stitching: these are just some of the techniques used in the Print Finishing room.
You can experiment with everything from perfect binding to perforating and see how to turn your printed work into the finished article.
The Book Arts workshop is open to all students interested in the art of bookbinding.
Here you can combine traditional and contemporary bookbinding techniques, whilst also exploring the fields of digital design, publishing and fine art.
This area offer workshops to cover both traditional and modern book structures, foil blocking, box making, adhesive/ non-adhesive binding, etc.
The Letterpress workshop holds one of the UK’s largest collections of lead and wood type.
The workshop is a tool for teaching typography to graphic design students but also support students across LCC.
Letterpress is also equipped with:
- Precision proofing presses
- A galley proofing press
- Newsprint, selected recycled and sustainable paper stock
- All the inks and cleaning materials you will need to get started