Home/EU Tuition Fees 2012-13
2012/2013 Tuition Fees Summary
These are the standard rates – some courses charge higher fees and/or materials/residential fees.
Full Time & Sandwich Courses - Annual Tuition Fee rates*
- Research (PhD, MPhil), £4,390
- UG Degree (BA, BSc, FdA) - NEW ENTRANTS £9,000
- Master’s Degree (MA, MSc) - standard £7,500
- UG Degree (BA, BSc, FdA) - Continuing Students £3,465
- Postgraduate Diploma (PgDip) £5,000
- Sandwich (less than 10 weeks in college) £1,725
- Postgraduate Certificate (PgCert) £2,500
- ELQ Undergraduate (pro rata for part-time) £9,000
- Graduate Diploma £9,000
- ELQ Postgraduate Standard* (pro rata for PgDip/Cert & part-time) £9,000
- Graduate Certificate £4,500
- FE Foundation 16-18 £0
- FE Access 16-18 £7,500
- FE Foundation 19+ £3,000
- FE Access 19+ £2,500
* Some postgraduate courses (including those at Drama Centre) charge a higher fee. Please see separate schedule for rates for non-standard fee courses and associated ELQ fees and ‘old rules’ undergraduate student fees. Home/EU students starting a Master’s level course in 2012/13 and who previously completed a UAL undergraduate, Pg Dip or Pg Cert course may be entitled to a £1,000 reduction in their course fee. Contact Academic Registry for further details (does not apply to Pg Dip/Pg Cert/Drama Centre).
Channel Island and Isle of Man (‘Islands’) students
- FE ‘Islands’ students are charged the same rate as Home/EU students
- Full-time Undergraduate ‘Islands’ students are charged variable fees, depending on the course. Actual fee rates are usually published in May or June. Contact Academic Registry Helpdesk for further information.
- Postgraduate ‘Islands’ students pay tuition fees at the Overseas rates
- HE courses (Research, Master’s Degree [PG], Undergraduate Degree [UG]) £13,300
- Postgraduate Diploma (PgDip) £8,870
- Postgraduate Certificate (PgCert) £4,435
- Graduate Diploma £13,300
- Graduate Certificate £6,650
- FE courses £10,400
- Overseas undergraduate students progressing from FE courses at the University are entitled to a 5% discount on their first year undergraduate fees only.
- Overseas postgraduate students on a course lasting more than one year pay the same tuition fee rate throughout their postgraduate course.
- Overseas UG students progressing from 2010/11 FE courses who defer their place until 2012/13 will pay at the rate in force in the 2012/13 Academic year.
Part-Time And Evening Courses
Rates quoted are for Home/EU students, per annum – separate rates apply for overseas & ELQ students.
HE fees are pro rata to the equivalent full-time course:
Postgraduate (new): 2 year course £3,750 (based on £7,500 full-time fee).
4 year course £6,750
5 year course £5,400
6 year course £4,500
Concessionary Fees (Home/EU FE students only)
Currently available to those FE students in receipt of JSA or work-related ESA, or some students taking their first full level 3 qualification. 2012/13 arrangements have not yet been confirmed and so eligibility criteria are subject to change. Concessionary fee students are entitled to free tuition, and only have to pay a £10 University registration fees. Any materials/residential fees due must also be paid. Existing HE concessionary fee students will normally retain their entitlement to pay at the concessionary fee rate for the duration of their existing course. Refer to fees regulations for eligibility criteria, and for details of part-time undergraduate tuition fee loan scheme.