Draping on the Stand Summer School
This intensive draping on the stand course concentrates on key elements from 'Introduction to draping on the stand' and 'Draping on the stand 2' before moving on to cover advanced creative stand work. You will start by draping fabric onto a stand and learning the techniques to transfer these designs onto paper to make a pattern...
This intensive draping on the stand course concentrates on key elements from 'Introduction to draping on the stand' and 'Draping on the stand 2' before moving on to cover advanced creative stand work. You will start by draping fabric onto a stand and learning the techniques to transfer these designs onto paper to make a pattern. You will then move on to more advanced styling, transforming your concepts into different shapes and styles as well as making a final finished toile.
The course includes:
- Differences between stand size, actual body measurements and size charts
- Fabric characteristics
- Bodice, sleeves, necklines and collars
- Skirt styles - a-line circular, pleats, gathers, flares and fishtail
- Styling with dart manipulation
- Isometric draping
- Cutting and stitching a toile
- Single size grading
- Modelling a strapless bodice
Beginners. You should have an interest in the subject area and a desire to learn but no previous experience is required.
Your course place is confirmed once you have booked online or via the phone using a credit or debit card. There is no deadline for booking. Places are offered on a first come, first served basis, and all courses have a maximum number of students. We suggest you book early to avoid disappointment.
In order to fully participate in the practical exercises please bring the following materials/equipment to the first class:
- Steel pins dressmaking pins (not glass headed pins)
- Tape measure (with metric and imperial on same side)
- Fabric shearsPaper scissors
- Small pointed scissors
- 15cm ruler
- Magic scotch tape
- Needle pointed tracing wheel
- 4H or 5H pencils
- 2B or 3B pencils
- Fineliner pens (4 red, 2 blue, 2 black recommended)
- Pattern notcher (optional)
- Hand sewing needles
- Thread (any colour)
- Set square and vary form curve
Details for booking
Alternative Dates and Times
If no dates are showing then please 'Enquire about this course' using the link below and we will contact you when new dates are published.