Draping on the Stand 2
This draping on the stand course is a follow on from 'Introduction to draping on the stand', but it will also benefit you if you have previous draping experience. It will help you develop the skills and confidence you need for more complicated styling...
Taught by: Belgin Vehbi.
This draping on the stand course is a follow on from 'Introduction to draping on the stand', but it will also benefit you if you have previous draping experience. It will help you develop the skills and confidence you need for more complicated styling.
The course includes:
- Elements of fabrics
- Modelling a strapless bodice
- Asymmetric draping
- Modelling a fishtail skirt
- Skirt styles - yokes, flares, gathers, waterfalls
Intermediate. You should have completed the beginners level course or have equivalent experience.
Your course place is confirmed once you have booked online or via the phone using a credit or debit card. There is no deadline for booking. Places are offered on a first come, first served basis, and all courses have a maximum number of students. We suggest you book early to avoid disappointment.
In order to fully participate in the practical exercises please bring the following materials/equipment to the first class:
- Steel pins dressmaking pins (not glass headed pins)
- Tape measure (with metric and imperial on same side)
- Fabric shearsPaper scissors
- Small pointed scissors
- 15cm ruler
- Magic scotch tape
- Needle pointed tracing wheel
- 4H or 5H pencils
- 2B or 3B pencils
- Fineliner pens (4 red, 2 blue, 2 black recommended)
- Pattern notcher (optional)
- Hand sewing needles
- Thread (any colour)
- Set square and vary form curve