Visual Merchandising and Display (Online Short Course)
After learning the basic principles of visual merchandising, you can use a medium of your choice to practice the skill of creating great windows and the science behind visual merchandising. Students in the past have used Photoshop, Illustrator, 3D models and sketching to show their window designs each week...
Taught by: Sarah Manning.
After learning the basic principles of visual merchandising, you can use a medium of your choice to practice the skill of creating great windows and the science behind visual merchandising. Students in the past have used Photoshop, Illustrator, 3D models and sketching to show their window designs each week.
At the end of the course, you will have built up an impressive portfolio of fashion window designs and in-store displays which can be printed / photographed for display or saved to an online portfolio.
- Basic principles of window dressing and visual merchandising
- Store visual merchandising and product presentation methods
- Building and creating your own Window Designs using your choice of program / medium
- Current trends in the Retail Industry in London
- Merchandise selection and accessories
- Customer flow and the importance of store layout
- Colour, POS and lighting
- Mannequin handling and styling
- Creating an effective Sale & Clearance campaign
- Lisa-Marie, former student
- Craig, former student
By the end of this course you will have learnt to;
- Developed a good understanding of the key Visual Merchandising principles
- Practised using colour, lighting and graphics in your displays
- Learnt techniques to create 'hotspots' or promotions space
- Gained an understanding of how to use floor layouts for excellent customer flow
- Researched current merchandising trends and used these to inspire your own displays
- Considered how to make your displays correspond with a brand identity
- Learnt to create strong messages from your displays
- Created a range of your own displays, and presented these to the group
- Received hints and tips on the industry from your tutor
Who is Visual Merchandising and Display (Online) for
This course be excellent for anyone wanting to explore the role a Visual Merchandiser, learn to create their own stunning and provocative visual displays, and to anyone looking to find a way in to this this interesting and rewarding career.
Level: All levels welcome
Please note: This course is for learners aged 18 and over.
Why choose an LCF Online Short Course
Our online learning short courses allow you to experience London College of Fashion wherever you are in the world. The real-time chat sessions are fully interactive allowing you to communicate easily with the tutor at the same time as fellow students. Additionally all LCF Online Short Courses include;
- Live sessions with expert
- Lesson recordings
- Practical assignments
- VLE with course content
- Forums for support
- 3 months online access
- LCF Certificate upon completion
Further details about preparing for your online course, and the equipment you need, can be found here
Please note that all courses are taught in UK time. To check and compare times please click here
Sarah Manning works for a selection of London based retail and department stores, offering freelance services in visual merchandising training and consultancy. Her work includes planning and installing in-store promotions, consulting on new fixtures and installations, and window design and dressing. As well as teaching e-learning Visual Merchandising and Display, Sarah also teaches at London College of Communication for display design and fashion presentation. Sarah has previously worked for Benetton, Harrods, Marks and Spencer, Liberty, Next and Selfridges.
Online Short Course Materials
To take part in the Online sessions you will need:
- An up-to-date web browser (we recommend Firefox or Chrome)
- The latest version of Java installed on your device
- Microphone and headphones (a headset with a microphone function is recommended)
- Strong Internet connection via WiFi or ethernet; 2G, 3G or 4G will not be sufficient
Course Specific Materials
- Paper and pen to take notes during live sessions
Details for booking
|Date||Day of Week||Time||Duration||Cost||Status||Location||Action|
|06/08/2018 - 10/09/2018||Monday||13:00 - 14:30||6 Weeks||£250||Available||Online||Add to Basket|
|22/10/2018 - 26/11/2018||Monday||17:00 - 18:30||6 Weeks||£250||Available||Online||Add to Basket|
|04/02/2019 - 18/03/2019||Monday||17:00 - 18:30||6 Weeks||£250||Available||Online||Add to Basket|
|02/05/2019 - 06/06/2019||Thursday||13:00 - 14:30||6 Weeks||£250||Available||Online||Add to Basket|
|04/07/2019 - 08/08/2019||Thursday||17:00 - 18:30||6 Weeks||£250||Available||Online||Add to Basket|