Starting Your Own Skincare and Beauty Brand (Online Short Course)
This course is aimed at the budding entrepreneur who is looking to start a beauty business. You'll be taken through all the elements of a business start-up and be given practical advice on how to plan effectively for your new business venture. The course will start with discussing the market opportunity, finance and business plan and which channels are appropriate for your brand...
Taught by: Fiona Hilton.
This course is aimed at the budding entrepreneur who is looking to start a beauty business. You'll be taken through all the elements of a business start-up and be given practical advice on how to plan effectively for your new business venture. The course will start with discussing the market opportunity, finance and business plan and which channels are appropriate for your brand.
You'll then move on to discuss marketing and how to gain awareness for your brand. Finally, the course covers how to gain distribution for your brand into retail or other channels. You'll leave the course with an awareness of customer requirements as well as a basic understanding of the financial needs to ensure continuity and success when starting your own beauty business.
- Upfront considerations and opportunity costings
- Market research
- Brand vision
- Which channels are best for your brand
- How to gain awareness for your brand
- Marketing costs and return on investment
- Digital marketing
- Brand content, literature, story telling
- Case studies
- Distribution in retail
- Pricing architecture
- Supply chain
By the end of this course you will have;
- Learnt professional techniques you can apply to start your own online beauty brand
- Conducted research into the skincare and beauty market
- Explored different digital channels and considered which will work best for your unique brand
- Studied case studies of successful businesses and models
- Explored and range of techniques to gain awareness of your brand, and return on investment
- Received industry insights and personal feedback from your course tutor
Who Should Attend
This course will be excellent for anyone wanting to explore starting their own beauty business online, and professional techniques to help you succeed. No previous experience is required.
Level: All levels welcome
Please note: This course is for learners aged 18 and over.
Why choose an LCF Online Short Course
Our online learning short courses allow you to experience London College of Fashion wherever you are in the world. The real-time chat sessions are fully interactive allowing you to communicate easily with the tutor at the same time as fellow students. Additionally all LCF Online Short Courses include;
- Live sessions with expert
- Lesson recordings
- Practical assignments
- Personal feedback
- VLE with course content
- Forums for support
- 3 months online access
- LCF Certificate upon completion
Further details about preparing for your online course, and the equipment you need, can be found here
Please note that all courses are taught in UK time. To check and compare times please click here
Online Short Course Materials
To take part in the Online sessions you will need:
- An up-to-date web browser (we recommend Firefox or Chrome)
- The latest version of Java installed on your device
- Microphone and headphones (a headset with a microphone function is recommended)
- Strong Internet connection via WiFi or ethernet; 2G, 3G or 4G will not be sufficient
Course Specific Materials
- Paper and pen to take notes during live sessions
Details for booking
Alternative Dates and Times
If no dates are showing then please 'Enquire about this course' using the link below and we will contact you when new dates are published.