Social Media Strategy for Fashion (Online Short Course)
Whether you’re starting a brand, entering the world of fashion PR and marketing, or simply need to boost your online presence, social media is an indispensable tool in the world of fashion. Perfect for budding fashion journalists, designers, PRs or marketers, this course will teach you the basics of social media marketing in a fashion context, using current brand and magazine case studies to enable you to master Facebook Live, Instagram Stories, and everything in between, with the expertise of a social media editor...
Taught by: Kalina Pulit.
Whether you’re starting a brand, entering the world of fashion PR and marketing, or simply need to boost your online presence, social media is an indispensable tool in the world of fashion. Perfect for budding fashion journalists, designers, PRs or marketers, this course will teach you the basics of social media marketing in a fashion context, using current brand and magazine case studies to enable you to master Facebook Live, Instagram Stories, and everything in between, with the expertise of a social media editor.
The course features a series of exercises aimed to broaden your perspective on how social media channels can help you in creating and building a brand.
The course includes:
- Social media strategy for personal / brand use.
- Digital engagement.
- Social media storytelling
- Content creation, viral videos.
- Online presence and brand-building.
- Digital marketing and networking.
- Working with social media influencers.
- Online campaigns and measuring their success using analytics.
- SEO (Search Engine Optimisation).
By the end of the course you will be able to;
- Use a range of social media marketing skills.
- Build your personal or business brand online.
- Make your CV stand out in the crowded fashion marketplace.
- Execute winning social media campaigns.
- Boost your own online prescence.
- Optimise your social channels for SEO.
- Work with influencers and network online.
- Analyse social media data.
This is for anyone with a business, a project or a passion to promote. No experience is necessary.
Who Should Attend?
This course is for fashion creatives, designers or marketers who want to boost their personal or business digital presence. You should come with a basic understanding of Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and YouTube. Ideally you will have already set up accounts across these five platforms.
Please make sure you are available to participate in the live online chat sessions which are run to UK time. All online learning courses include weekly chat sessions with your tutor and other students on the course, which are conducted through an interactive seminar (called Blackboard Collaborate). The chat sessions will include text and voice/video chat, as well as an opportunity to 'share' your tutor's desktop so that they can navigate you through websites, Powerpoint presentations and other work. These sessions are essential to attend each week, so please check the times of the course when you book and take into account any local time differences. You may also be required to undertake weekly assignments between sessions. These will be housed on our Workflow website, along with additional resources and discussion forums which can be used to interact with fellow students in between classes. You may be expected to dedicate between one - two hours a week to these self-study projects. A full technical specification is listed in 'Materials'.
Please book as early as possible. This will allow us enough time to provide you with a login for the online short course learning software. When making your booking do not tick the 'If you DO NOT hold a UK/EU/EEA passport click here' box as this is only relevant for classroom courses. If we send you an email telling you to present your passport to us, please ignore this email, as it does not apply to you. If no dates are available for this course please 'Make an enquiry' using the link below and we will contact you when new dates are published.
In order to fully participate in the practical exercises please have the following materials/equipment for the first class:
- Notepad and pen
- A recent computer with a recent operating system
- An up-to-date web browser. (It would be advisable to ensure you
- have access to two separate web browsers eg Safari and Mozilla
- Firefox or Google Chrome and Internet Explorer)
- Microphone (a headset with microphone/headphones is recommended)
Finally, a good broadband connection is also recommended. (Mobile data 3G/4G or a mobile dongle might not provide sufficient bandwidth).