Pattern Cutting (Online Short Course)
This pattern cutting course welcomes complete beginners, and will introduce you to the basic techniques for womenswear pattern cutting and will look at the relevance of these techniques within contemporary fashion. You will explore techniques for bodices, sleeves, collars and skirts...
Taught by: Alina Moat.
This pattern cutting course welcomes complete beginners, and will introduce you to the basic techniques for womenswear pattern cutting and will look at the relevance of these techniques within contemporary fashion. You will explore techniques for bodices, sleeves, collars and skirts. This course will teach you to work with standard size 12 blocks, and you will have the opportunity to have weekly feedback on your pattern cutting work. You will also receive additional resources for you to explore each week at your own pace.
- Introduction to pattern cutting
- What is flat pattern cutting?
- The tools & terminology
- The blocks
- Copying a bodice block to paper
- Dart manipulation continuation (slash and spread and pivot) in bodices
- Uses of darts in fashion
- Developing sleeve styles
- Developing collars styles
- Developing skirts styles
- Uses of skirts styles in fashion
- Joana, former student
By the end of the course you will have;
- Learnt pattern cutting techniques to create a range of garments
- Practiced altering patterns to create new styles and looks
- Gained a good understanding of the tools and terminology used in the pattern cutting process
- Used a range of techniques that can be implemented into your own fashion designs
- Received personal feedback on your work from your tutor
Who is Pattern Cutting (Online) for
This course will give you a good introductory knowledge into pattern cutting and will be incredibly valuable as in introduction on how you can use pattern cutting to make your own fashion garments.
Please note: This course is for learners aged 18 and over.
Why choose an LCF Online Short Course?
Our online learning short courses allow you to experience London College of Fashion wherever you are in the world. The real-time chat sessions are fully interactive allowing you to communicate easily with the tutor at the same time as fellow students. Additionally all LCF Online Short Courses include;
- Live sessions with expert
- Lesson recordings
- Practical assignments
- Personal feedback
- VLE with course content
- Forums for support
- 3 months online access
- LCF Certificate upon completion
Further details about preparing for your online course, and the equipment you need, can be found here
Please note that all courses are taught in UK time. To check and compare times please click here
Online Short Course Materials
To take part in the Online sessions you will need:
- An up-to-date web browser (we recommend Firefox or Chrome)
- The latest version of Java installed on your device
- Microphone and headphones (a headset with a microphone function is recommended)
- Strong Internet connection via WiFi or ethernet; 2G, 3G or 4G will not be sufficient
Course Specific Materials
- Paper and pen to take notes during live sessions
- Set square or pattern master
- French curve
- HB mechanical pencil
- Pattern cutting paper (needs to be slightly see through)
- Tracing wheel
- Metric tape measure
- Paper scissors
- Glue stick
- Biros in blue, red and green
- Masking tape or magic scotch tape
- Glue stick
- Fine steel pins
- Fabric scissors
- Medium weight calico (2 mtrs)
Details for booking
Alternative Dates and Times
If no dates are showing then please 'Enquire about this course' using the link below and we will contact you when new dates are published.