Starting Your Own Millinery Business
This 3 day course examines what it takes to set up your own Millinery Business, run by an experienced Milliner who has done just that. You’ll look at how to move your initial ideas and inspirations from a collection into a coherent business plan...
Taught by: Tutor to be confirmed.
This 3 day course examines what it takes to set up your own Millinery Business, run by an experienced Milliner who has done just that. You’ll look at how to move your initial ideas and inspirations from a collection into a coherent business plan. Considering practical steps such as customer profiling, manufacturing options, the best routes to market for your brand and marketing and promotion techniques to consider. The course is classroom based, but includes a visit out to research millinery business models, and a visiting tutor who will critique your plan, tell their story and be available for a Q &A
The course includes:
- Inspiration techniques and mood boards
- Collection design process
- Creating branding that reflects your style
- Manufacturing processes – Pros and cons
- Finding the best route to market for your brand and customer
- Planning your finances – Pricing and selling, looking at your budgets and how to find funding.
- Marketing and promotion – what fits with your business model?
- Business Plan – keeping it relevant
- Setting up a studio – how, where and when
Intermediate. To fully benefit from this course you should have experience of the millinery industry. You should come to the course prepared to discuss your potential business idea.
Your course place is confirmed once you have booked online or via the phone using a credit or debit card. There is no deadline for booking. Places are offered on a first come, first served basis, and all courses have a maximum number of students. We suggest you book early to avoid disappointment.
In order to fully participate in the practical exercises please bring the following materials/equipment to the first class:
- Notebook and pen