Fashion and Editorial Makeup
This makeup course teaches you the creative techniques of the professional makeup artist, and gives an insight into the fashion and editorial makeup industry. You will learn practical and professional skills, and design creative fashion and editorial makeup styles...
Taught by: Ruth Brophy.
This makeup course teaches you the creative techniques of the professional makeup artist, and gives an insight into the fashion and editorial makeup industry. You will learn practical and professional skills, and design creative fashion and editorial makeup styles.
The course includes:
- The role of the professional makeup artist
- Preparation of the model
- Natural beauty makeup
- Strong advertorial make-up accentuating cheek bones, lips and correcting face shape using contouring
- Selection of bases and skin finishes
- Application of false eyelashes, strip and flare
- Current trends in editorial, couture and ready-to-wear makeup
- Working with designers to a brief
- Blocking out of eyebrows and facial adornment for catwalk and editorial makeup purposes
- Whitening the skin for high impact imagery
- Changing the eye / lip shape
- Introduction to body painting
Our makeup courses take place in our makeup studios housed within our Lime Grove site in West London.
This is a beginner level makeup artist course. You should have an interest in the subject area and a desire to learn but no previous experience is required.
Your course place is confirmed once you have booked online or via the phone using a credit or debit card. There is no deadline for booking. Places are offered on a first come, first served basis, and all courses have a maximum number of students. We suggest you book early to avoid disappointment.
As part of your course, you will receive an invite to a MAC Cosmetics discount shopping session which will enable you to purchase MAC products at discounted price. The shopping session may take place either during your course or in some cases the following week or weekend.
Please bring the following items with you to each class:
- Your own mascara
- Makeup remover/cleanser, and moisturiser
- Notepad and pen
A professional brush set from beauty supplier Fero will be available to purchase at the first lesson at a subsidised cost of £75 (approx. retail cost £150 - cash/credit card only). This covers the minimum amount of brushes required to complete the course.