Fashion Styling and Media Summer School
If you're interested in fashion but perhaps not in design, then this two-week hands on intensive fashion styling course will introduce you to the exciting worlds of PR, photography, catwalks, fashion journalism, styling and make up-artistry, culminating in the creation of your own editorial and style blog...
If you're interested in fashion but perhaps not in design, then this two-week hands on intensive fashion styling course will introduce you to the exciting worlds of PR, photography, catwalks, fashion journalism, styling and make up-artistry, culminating in the creation of your own editorial and style blog. It's perfect if you're a budding celebrity stylist, fashion journalist or fashion PR.
Topics covered include:
- The different roles of the fashion media: which one is for you
- Analysing and writing press releases: selling the dream
- Catwalk reporting and fashion interview techniques
- Trend spotting and street style writing: who influences and why
- Creating your own fashion blog
- The principles and practice of styling: what goes into making a fashion image
- Editorial make up demos
- Planning and executing your own fashion editorial (professional photographer provided)
- Historial context fashion field trip
On completion of this programme you can expect to come away with:
- Examples of your writing work, including a catwalk report and fashion news story
- An online style blog, including your own street style photos
- A series of images from your own designed and directed editorial (starring yourself as a model!)
Beginners. You should have an interest in the subject area and a desire to learn but no previous experience is required.
Your course place is confirmed once you have booked online or via the phone using a credit or debit card. There is no deadline for booking. Places are offered on a first come, first served basis, and all courses have a maximum number of students. We suggest you book early to avoid disappointment.
In order to fully participate in the practical exercises please bring the following materials/equipment to the first class:
- Notebook and pen
- Camera/phone with download lead/card reader
- Clothes, shoes and accessories you might want to wear/loan to others for your shoot
- Most make-up will be provided for your photo shoot, but please bring your own foundation and mascara, plus make up remover/wipes and headband
- USB stick (at least 8GB) to save work and images