Fashion Film and Photography: Residential Summer School (14-16 Year Olds)
Whether you’re hoping to use the skills yourself or to better enable the directing of others, this fashion film and photography course introduces a broad range of techniques for the creation of fashion film and image; from research and planning to shooting and editing...
Taught by: Nicol Vizioli.
Whether you’re hoping to use the skills yourself or to better enable the directing of others, this fashion film and photography course introduces a broad range of techniques for the creation of fashion film and image; from research and planning to shooting and editing. Perfect for budding creative directors, art directors, stylists or fashion photographers.
The course combines theory, discussion and practical workshops with industry experts. You’ll leave with an understanding of the principles and practicalities of fashion filmmaking and photography along with innovative techniques to accomplish new work of your own.
The photography chapter includes:
- Technical photography basics (aperture, shutter speed, ISO etc)
- Lighting techniques (flash, tungsten and daylight)
- Analysing your images
- Digital photography and development basics
- Directing models and make up artists
- Organising a shoot
- The art of a great portrait
- Basic Photoshop techniques to edit your images
The film chapter includes:
- An introduction to fashion film and moving image
- Pre-production: innovative research workflows, storyboarding and production planning
- Production: techniques and roles – who does what on a film set and why?
- Post-production: editing, uploading and innovative promotion of your work
- Shoot: collaborative crew-work – planning and shooting your fashion film
- Editing your fashion film, adding music, effects and uploading
- Screening & discussion: viewing your fashion films, discussing the outcomes and any further questions.
During the weekend you will be taken on a trip to London for a retail safari led by an LCF tutor. You’ll be taken to markets, vintage stores and famous department stores to experience the latest trends and styles on the streets of London.
What are the benefits of attending a Residential Summer School at LCF?
This course will allow you to experiment with new techniques, build confidence, acquire new skills and be inspired to learn more. It's also a great way to meet like-minded friends from around the world.
Beginners. You should have an interest in fashion and a desire to learn but no previous experience is required.
For more information please download the Residential Summer School Handbook.
Your course place is confirmed once you have booked online or via the phone using a credit or debit card. There is no deadline for booking. Places are offered on a first come, first served basis, and all courses have a maximum number of students. We suggest you book early to avoid disappointment.
Details for booking
Alternative Dates and Times
If no dates are showing then please 'Enquire about this course' using the link below and we will contact you when new dates are published.