Developing a Lingerie or Swimwear Business - Dubai
The lingerie and swimwear industry is expanding rapidly all over the world, and offers some great opportunities for starting your own label in this highly specialised section of the fashion industry. This course will introduce you to lingerie and swimwear trends, brand leaders and influential designers, in the industry...
Taught by: Catherine Fuller.
The lingerie and swimwear industry is expanding rapidly all over the world, and offers some great opportunities for starting your own label in this highly specialised section of the fashion industry.
This course will introduce you to lingerie and swimwear trends, brand leaders and influential designers, in the industry. Through a series of practical workshops, and after initial design and market research, you will have the opportunity to design your own capsule collection - for lingerie, or swimwear, for the appropriate market level.
During the course you will:
- Undertake extensive design research into lingerie and swimwear trends
- Develop your own ideas for lingerie, corsetry and swimwear designs using a variety of methods in a series of practical exercises
- Learn about sourcing and selecting the specialist fabric and components used for lingerie and swimwear
- Experiment with developing colour palettes and design themes
- Learn about range planning and developing your ideas into complete collections and presenting your ideas to customers
Please note that this is a design-based course and does not include any garment construction work or pattern cutting.
Beginners. You should have an interest in the subject area and a desire to learn but no previous experience is required.
All students who fully participate in all session of the course will receive a 'Certificate of Short Course Attendance' from London College of Fashion.
Click the 'Dates & Prices 'tab above to book online using your credit or debit card. You must pay in full using your debit/credit card before your place is booked.
- To book your place (click) 'Add to Basket'
- You can choose to 'Add another course' or 'Book now' and login or register as a new user
- You can choose to book yourself or someone else/multiple candidates onto the course(s). (Click) 'Next' to continue
- Add the names of those attending the course
- If you've a discount code (click) '+' and add the discount code
- You must agree to the x2 tick boxes at the bottom of the page
- (Click) 'Next' and complete your booking using a debit or credit card
- Only once your booking has been completed you'll receive an email confirming your place on the course.
When making your booking please do not tick the 'If you DO NOT hold a UK/EU/EEA passport please click here' box as this is only relevant to bookings for courses held in the UK. If you are a non-UAE national booking a course in Dubai please ensure you obtain the correct visa if required for entry into the UAE
If you require assistance with your booking or have any questions please email our Customer Service Team for further information.
You will need to bring:
HB or 2B pencils and eraser, materials for colour work in your preferred medium (e.g. coloured pencils, water soluble coloured pencils, felt tip pens etc), fine pens, fashion magazines.